KAYAK & OpenTable are looking for an energetic, experienced Legal Operations Manager to help take on the fun and enriching legal hurdles of travel and dining.
Based in our Cambridge office, and reporting to Senior Legal Counsel, your role as a member of the legal team will involve supporting the team by creating and/or managing organizational and operational processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team, managing the contracts approval and storage process, managing legal matter files, reviewing and negotiating outside counsel invoices and assisting with general legal operations. The role requires an organized, detail-oriented, and highly efficient individual with great interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Serve as primary legal liaison to business to address questions related to legal department processes.
- Become the Legal team lead in our contract management system implementation by developing, initiating and executing a procurement system.
- Assist with improving processes, developing playbooks, training, and automation across contract and other legal matters management, and lifecycles.
- Primary administrator for legal department systems (i.e. document storage, entity, contract and legal matters management systems).
- Perform entity maintenance and other corporate secretarial functions as necessary.
- Coordinate and administer legal department projects as may come up from time to time.
- Assist the team with projects on an as-needed basis, including compliance and ethics initiatives.
- Take on learning the skills necessary to review requested edits to some of our standard contracts
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a legal assistant, paralegal, legal office or operations manager, or comparable legal administration and/or management
- Demonstrated experience of streamlining legal processes and administering contract and legal matter management systems
- Ability to read, understand and draft contractual terms using a standard playbook; experience in redlining and negotiating agreements and legal invoices
- High level of experience managing various legal-oriented administrative tasks with ease
- Prior experience working directly with key stakeholders throughout an organization including senior leadership, commercial sales & marketing, customer service and HR
- Good judgment, high integrity, and strong communication skills
- Comfortable operating under pressure/with sense of urgency
- In-house experience in a technology company legal department a plus
- Multi-tasking extraordinaire
- A great sense of humor
Some travel may be required with the position, particularly to offices in Connecticut, California, and outside the U.S.
Benefits and perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- 3 year anniversary travel bonus
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional massage therapist
- Regular team events/excursions
About KAYAK and OpenTable
KAYAK’s mission is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. In addition to KAYAK, we manage a portfolio of metasearch brands including momondo, HotelsCombined, Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix and Mundi that together process more than two billion consumer queries a year.
OpenTable is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating approximately 124 million diners per month via online bookings across 50,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, we have team members in the United States, Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Australia and the UK.
KAYAK and OpenTable are subsidiaries of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.