About The Role
The Finance Manager will work as part of a global accounting team overseeing KAYAK and OpenTable accounting operations. You will work closely with Accounting, FP&A and Treasury teams at KAYAK, OpenTable and Booking Holdings. The ability to adapt to change with a positive, “can-do” attitude and being a team player is a must.
Your objectives in this role include:
- Ensure transactional finance operations (collections/credit control, cash application, AP, billing/contract management) are operating efficiently and effectively.
- Review and approval of payment runs in bank.
- Treasury activities including cash flow forecasting and management for EMEA entities.
- Work collaboratively with the Accounting Team on matters impacting the GL.
- Develop and monitor working capital KPIs and dashboard.
- Developing the transactional finance team, guide and mentor c.10 direct reports. Provide training, feedback and on-the-job coaching.
- Manage month-end sub-ledger close process for Opentable, ensuring compliance with SOX.
- Timely reviews and approval of all KAYAK and OpenTable working capital balance sheet accounts, including monthly bank reconciliation and general ledger account reconciliations.
Process alignment and integration
- Oversee process alignment across OpenTable and KAYAK brands and develop scalable processes across both brands while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Diving into the details and identifying pain points, eliminate inefficiencies by revamping processes and utilization of internal systems and tools.
- Support the Accounting Team on special/ad-hoc projects as and when required.
- Demonstratable ability to lead, manage and develop an accounting and transactional finance operations team in a fast-paced and continuous change environment.
- Excellent communication and time management skills. Ability to prioritize, plan, perform and communicate activities and findings both in written and verbal form to individuals, management and auditors.
- Confident, energetic, team player who is equally comfortable working independently as well as part of a local and wider global team.
- Hardworking self-starter who is both detailed-oriented and can see the bigger picture.
- Hands-on with a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Ability to work in a global environment with flexibility to work with different time zones and building relationships across functions and geographies.
- Must thrive on ambiguity, love change and taking on special projects!
Your experience and education:
- Bachelor or Higher Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- ACA or ACCA qualified, Top 6 experience preferred.
- Working experience in credit control or collections.
- 3+ years PQE; must have mix of experience in public accounting and in industry (listed/pre-IPO preferred) with a strong focus on month-end close and transactional finance operations.
- Minimum 3+ years of people management experience. Proven ability to recruit, manage, train and coach staff in accounting and within transactional finance operations.
- Solid understanding of mid-range financial systems, Netsuite preferred. Experience with US GAAP and SOX as well as EMEA region GAAPs (preferred)
- ERP system implementation experience (preferred)
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 5 weeks paid holiday
- Day off on your birthday
- Pension fund
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions