We are looking for a dynamic Accounts Payable Specialist to support the Global Accounts Payable process at KAYAK. Activities include timely processing of the supplier invoices, analysis of the queries received by the suppliers and ensuring feedback is provided within agreed timescales, identification of corrective actions following process failure, and identification of improvement opportunities. In addition to external vendors, you will also review travel and expense claims and act as the face of Finance to explain the T&E policy and how to use the T&E reimbursement system to users across the business. There will be opportunities to work on the change project teams in addition to supporting the implementation of process improvements and changes.
- Chip in to an ongoing review of all accounts payable and expense reimbursement procedures, identifying, developing and communicating improvements.
- Actively manage the global AP inbox and ensure all items are organized and actioned in a timely manner.
- Review, verify and input all invoices in a timely and accurate manner, capturing all information required to ensure internal invoice approvals and payments are set up accurately.
- Accurately code invoices by legal entity, GL code, business approver, VAT.
- Review T&E reimbursement reports for compliance with policy and ensure accurate GL coding as well as timely payment.
- Ensure VAT information is accurately captured when processing invoices and T&E reimbursement reports.
- Prepare daily bank reconciliations, post journal entries to record non-AP and non-cash application transactions.
- Prepare month-end accruals for invoices received after sub-ledger closes.
- Actively investigate purchase invoice/expense reimbursement queries or discrepancies and
- liaise with Finance and the wider Business to resolve them in a timely fashion.
- Review and respond to vendor queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist with system changes, process improvements and initiatives to streamline AP functions.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Accounts Payable, ideally in a fast-growing/rapid change environment with system changes.
- Must be comfortable working in a rapid change environment and be willing to actively participate in change project teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both verbal and written, ability to communicate confidently and professionally with all levels within the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and experience coding invoices across a number of legal entities and departments.
- Great teammate with ability to work independently and with remote team members.
- Solution focused with the ability to prioritize and lead multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Experience with inter-company purchase ledger accounting a plus
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently run subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- 5 weeks paid holiday
- Day off on your birthday
- Pension fund
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions