KAYAK is seeking an accountant to join our global GL accounting team. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, highly focused and possess strong accounting knowledge. He/she must be capable of working both independently and within a team.
- Responsible for monthly close activities including preparation of balance sheet reconciliations (e.g. bank, prepaids, accruals, fixed assets and leases).
- Work together with and support Accounting Managers in various projects and operational improvements.
- Assist with the preparation of statutory accounts and audit process.
- Prepare VAT returns and EX Sales filings.
- Chip in to on-going development in GL accounting processes, identify and communicate improvements.
- Ad hoc analysis and tasks.
- Support Accounting Managers to understand and analyze the financial position and performance of legal entities.
Education, experience and skills:
- Master's or bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 1-3 years of work experience in a GL accounting role within a multinational group or Top 6 audit practice.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and disciplined approach to completion of work.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Flair for numbers and analytical thinking.
- Real teammate who is proactive and solution focused.
- Knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (ability to work with remote team members).
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional masseuse
- Regular team events/excursions
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status