We are seeking a Senior Tax Manager to support the Tax team at KAYAK and OpenTable.
Reporting to Senior Director, Tax based in San Francisco, this position will own and balance global tax operations for KAYAK and OpenTable. In addition to the day-to-day responsibilities, the position will work closely with the team members to help shape the global tax function supporting beloved travel brands across the globe. The successful candidate should 1) be a strong project manager who has experience setting stretching goals and delivering results, 2) possess learning and growth mindset who continues to challenge status quo and improve processes, and 3) be an outstanding standout colleague who appreciates the differences people bring and embraces the diversity others bring in a global organization.
- Lead the monthly close process by reviewing transfer pricing and tax related journal entries including review of income & non-income tax account reconciliations
- Lead the annual & quarterly tax provision process and ensure Corporate deliverables and inquiries are accurately and timely addressed
- Run the global direct & indirect tax compliance process by reviewing workpapers and tax returns to ensure accurate information is submitted by the due date
- Support forecasting income tax expense working closely with FP&A team
- Review existing processes and implement changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of tax controls and processes
- Support statutory reporting team with local country tax provisions and tax disclosures on financial statements, and assist in global transfer pricing policy & documentation process
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in accounting, finance, economics or a related field (an advanced degree in tax or law is desirable)
- 8+ years of Public Accounting / in-house corporate tax experience (Technology industry experience is a plus)
- Strong understanding of global income tax accounting & compliance requirements / processes. Working knowledge of ASC 740 / IAS 12.
- Strong understanding of indirect tax framework and global indirect tax regulations
- Ability to produce timely deliverables and lead multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and cross functional groups, results driven with high level of integrity
- Ability to communicate or present issues and its solutions in a clear and effective manner
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional masseuse
- Regular team events/excursions
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status