We are looking for a forward-thinking, hardworking, and multi-tasking Operations NOC Administrator who has a passion to learn, and deliver every single day. As a NOC Administrator, you will join KAYAK's Operations team in our Berlin, Cambridge, Concord, and Denver offices. You will be part of the team responsible for the day to day support of our development and production environments. If you love travelling and want to work on a team of similarly talented, driven individuals, we'd love to hear from you.
- Monitor the inbound ticket queue and complete tasks requested by our developers and business teams
- Audit the monitoring platform ensuring that systems are healthy and performance is maintained. Triaging events as they arise and prioritizing their resolution.
- Be part of the code releases, making sure all products are the same version and responsive
- Maintain backup systems and data retention policies
- Work on longer term projects as a team resource
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expertise of Linux systems
- Self motivated
- Good knowledge of datacenter operations
- Knowledge of Linux shell scripting is valued
- Knowledge of AWS is a plus
- Superb interpersonal skills in English (both spoken and written), additional languages are a plus
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- You are an outstanding teammate who loves to engage with colleagues at a professional and personal level
- You can handle a high volume of requests with frequent interruptions and prioritise their work while taking infrastructure and business needs into account
- You have an extraordinary technical communication skills
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Annual education budget
- Free lunch catering three days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages from Wellnow
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams (Football, Volleyball, Basketball)
- Flexible hours
- In-house gym facilities
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.