We are looking for Java backend developers to help improve and maintain KAYAK’s world leading search and booking technology. We integrate with over 200 travel partners and link to over 500,000 hotels and 550 airlines. You will be an essential part of a high powered team that keeps all of this running smoothly – helping millions of people find the best hotel and the best ways to fly from A to B every day!
- A solid software engineer with backend experience
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced startup environment
- Hands on and self-motivated
- Implement new backend search and booking features
- Improve existing features with an eye towards speed and user experience
- Create and maintain existing integrations with third-party APIs
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience
- Java (multi-threaded experience)
- Spring, SQL, HTTP, XML, JSON
- Bonus Points: Selenium, AWS, MySQL, Git, Tomcat, Apache
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and Perks
- Day off on your birthday
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free Yoga classes
- Regular team events/excursions