We are looking for Java backend developers to help improve and maintain KAYAK’s world leading search and booking technology. We integrate with over 200 travel partners and link to over 500,000 hotels and 550 airlines. You will be an essential part of a high powered team that keeps all of this running smoothly – helping millions of people find the best hotel and the best ways to fly from A to B every day!
- Implement new backend search and booking features
- Improve existing features with an eye towards speed and user experience
- Create and maintain existing integrations with third-party APIs
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience
- Java (multi-threaded experience)
- Spring, SQL, HTTP, XML, JSON
- Bonus Points: Selenium, AWS, MySQL, Git, Tomcat, Apache
- A solid software engineer with backend experience
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced startup environment
- Hands on and self-motivated
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Day off on your Birthday
- Flexible hours
- Free Yoga classes
- Regular team events/excursions
- Additional paid paternity leave
- Annual education budget
- Generous healthcare insurance
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
When joining KAYAK/OT you will be entitled to our compensation package. In addition to the regular salary, you will have a possibility to be granted RSU and annual bonus under KAYAK’s internal rules. The base salary is from 1000 EUR to 2100 EUR (net). Other bonuses depend on your performance.
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.