"Love numbers" is one of momondo’s & KAYAK’s core cultural values, and being the leading travel search engine worldwide means that we have a lot of numbers and data.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our Consumer Insights & Analytics team in Copenhagen, who can help us deliver actionable insights to drive business, marketing and product optimization.
As a team built on diverse backgrounds, we are looking for an experienced problem-solver to contribute the strengths of their own experiences and expertise.
Our goal is to ask and answer the questions, that will help momondo/KAYAK confidently scale across all our brands and markets. You will be working closely with an international team of analysts, engineers, product managers and marketing experts.
This is a “full-stack” data science role. Our team's projects can draw from the following skill sets: assembling data sources, parsing and cleaning data, mining for insights, presenting results and giving recommendations to stakeholders outside our team, and driving business decisions or technical changes to our product. However the main focus for this role will be data mining, analysis and storytelling.
A sample of projects we work on:
- Consumer segmentation, including lifetime value
- Insights for product development
- Evaluation of product experiments
- Brand tracking
This position will be based in our Copenhagen office and will require travel a few times a year to some of our other locations inside and outside of Europe.
Experience and skills
- A storyteller's approach to analysis: not satisfied at "what", but "why?", "how?", and "what next?"
- Extensive experience with SQL and database usage. Data manipulation and extraction should be a well-honed tool in your toolset
- Great communication skills- capable of bridging business and technology
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Loves problem solving and developing creative, tailored approaches
- 2+ years of experience in a related role
- Hands on with Python
- Experience with building mathematical models for real-world events/scenarios is a plus
- Experimental design experience is a plus
- Online marketing experience is a plus
momondo by KAYAK is a free, independent and inspirational global travel search site comparing billions of cheap flights, hotels and car hire deals. We think everybody should be able to travel the world, because travelling makes us more open-minded and tolerant.
We offer a global brand that is more than merely a functionality: it is a bold and colourful travel universe that inspires people to travel the world and to be curious about other people, places cultures and ways of living.
We were founded in 2006, and today we're over 200 people from over 40 countries in our head office in Copenhagen, Denmark. momondo is managed by KAYAK, an independent subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc. We are all passionate about our work, and we all take great pride in opening the world together with our fellow travelers.
Benefits and perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Pension plan contributions
- Health insurance
- No stupid meetings
- Lunch catering five days per week
- Monthly massages
- An awesome office in the city center of Copenhagen
- Multiple social events, e.g. wine and beer tasting, football, yoga, Friday bars, foosball
- A great team of social and passionate professionals
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.