At OpenTable and Kayak we are looking for an experienced and hardworking Commercial Counsel to help navigate the challenging and fun legal hurdles of travel and dining.
Based in OpenTable’s San Francisco, CA office, your role as a key member of the legal team will involve primarily supporting the restaurant sales and services team, to help build and secure deals, review and define legal positions on key issues, and be a lead in structuring the overall commercial program. The role requires refined drafting and negotiating skills, great interpersonal skills, good judgment, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Negotiate, write and review agreements and contracts, especially with restaurants, restaurant groups, and hotels.
- Help lead OpenTable’s commercial contracting function, including responsibility for our contracting playbook, contract forms maintenance and improving the contracting process.
- Run privacy and data issues related to restaurant products and contracting.
- Guide internal clients through the art of deal making and contracting
- Communicate with our Customer Experience team to resolve customer issues and inquiries
- Research and review doing business in foreign jurisdictions, update contracts, processes and legal positions accordingly.
- JD from a nationally recognized law school
- Licensed attorney in the State of California, or elsewhere.
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience practicing law, with at least 1 year of inhouse experience with commercial contracts.
- Strong communication skills, and the experience communicating and explaining complex legal issues to various business partners
- Ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and experience leading several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to get the job done
- Not afraid to perform legal research and provide advice on unfamiliar jurisdictions; international experience a plus
- Language skills a plus
- A sense of humor
Benefits and perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- 401k match
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events/excursions
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About OpenTable and KAYAK
OpenTable is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating approximately 12 million diners per month via online bookings across 28,000 restaurants. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands.
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. We operate a portfolio of brands including KAYAK, SWOODOO, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined that together process over two billion consumer queries annually. KAYAK operates sites in more than 60 countries and territories. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
OpenTable and KAYAK are subsidiaries of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG)