We are looking for a French Canadian freelance translator (remote or based in Berlin) to support the localization of our products.
- Translating and proofreading marketing content and Brand Marketing campaigns with an eye to the KAYAK brand and its portfolio (momondo, OpenTable, HotelsCombined)
- Working together with the Localization Team to improve and iterate language, terminology, and style
- Supporting LQA (web and apps), reporting and fixing text-based bugs using an in-house translation software platform or JIRA bug reporting system
- Workload may vary, depending on upcoming projects and vacation cover needs
- Excellent French Canadian speaker – with strong knowledge of the English language
- Higher education in a relevant field (linguistics, philology, intercultural communication, editing, translation or similar)
- Demonstrated translation, localization or copywriting/editing experience
- Web and mobile app literacy
- Enjoys working with a variety of tasks, and capable of independently managing workflow, information, and processes between different teams and stakeholders
- Able to work alone, and play nice with others
- QA/testing experience is a plus
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.