While being part of KAYAK you will be working for one of our brands - OpentTable. We are on a mission to power outstanding dining experiences, because we enjoy what can happen around the restaurant table. As we seek to improve and enrich that experience for our diner and restaurant customers, we’re actively seeking a Software Engineer to join our Communications team.
The Communications team take care of our transactional emails, SMS and push notifications and look for ways to enhance the dining experience by introducing meaningful communications at the most appropriate and valuable times. The core team is located in London, therefore some travel may be required.
- Develop services that help restaurants connect with diners and deliver exceptional hospitality.
- Build tools to help us improve how we design, develop and send communications across all of our channels.
- Use insights from analytics to help make our communications more useful and valuable.
- Collaborate with other teams to launch new communications and optimise our existing communications.
- Complete our migration to .Net Core and Docker and help us move towards a 100% containerized environment.
- Contribute to our culture of reliability by supporting our systems in production and helping the team define and maintain our SLAs.
- You are a .Net developer with experience in NodeJS. A little Java would be a plus but a willingness to learn is much more important.
- You have an empathetic mindset and enjoy working with developers, designers and product owners of all career levels.
- You are adaptable and pick up new technologies and languages quickly.
- You truly believe in the power of monitoring and continuous integration/delivery.
- You have worked with distributed systems and service oriented architectures.
- You possess an appetite for constantly refining and improving the end user experience as well as the developer experience.
How do you prefer to work?
- OpenTable teams are independent and come up with their own way of working. You will have lots of opportunity to influence the way we work together.
- You will help us introduce improvements to how the team works and how we collaborate with the rest of the business.
- We use two week sprints to prioritise and drive work.
- In our teams not everyone knows everything, so we don't expect you to either and you'll be encouraged to learn on the job.
OpenTable engineers come from diverse backgrounds, and we believe that a team with a broad set of experiences produces amazing results. You do not have to have a computer science degree, in fact several of us have social science degrees or no degree at all.
You'll regularly work with our development teams all over the world. From San Francisco and Los Angeles, to London, Mumbai, and Melbourne.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Benefits and perks
- Day off on your birthday
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free Yoga classes
- Regular team events/excursions