Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
Posted: Thursday 19 September 2019
Closing date: Thursday 17 October 2019
About the Role
Reporting to the Accounting Director, the Senior Accounting Manager will work as part of a global accounting team overseeing KAYAK and OpenTable accounting operations. You will work closely with Tax, FP&A and Treasury teams at KAYAK, OpenTable and Booking Holdings.
Your objectives in this role include:
- managing month-end close process for KAYAK and Opentable, ensuring compliance with SOX;
- preparing flux analysis and management commentary;
- ability to complete timely reviews and approval of all balance sheet accounts, including monthly bank reconciliation and general ledger account reconciliations;
- possessing strong accounting knowledge with proven ability to analyse and solution technical and operational accounting issues;
- overseeing process alignment across OpenTable and KAYAK brands and develop scalable processes across both brands while maintaining a high level of accuracy;
- ensuring all accounting activities are compliant with statutory and legal requirements;
- diving into the details and identifying pain points, eliminate inefficiencies by revamping processes and utilisation of internal systems and tools;
- preparing, maintaining, communicating and ensuring compliance with KAYAK, OpenTable and Booking Holdings accounting policies;
- treasury activities including cash flow management for EMEA entities;
- developing the team, guide and mentor direct reports (comprising of Accountants and AP Specialists). Provide training, feedback and on-the-job
- supporting the Accounting Director on special/ad-hoc projects as and when required.
YOUR EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND EDUCATION
The following attributes are required for this role:
- Bachelor or Higher Degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent);
- ACA or ACCA qualified with manager level experience in a ‘Big 4’ accounting firm;
- demonstratable ability to lead, manage and develop an accounting and transactional finance operations team in a fast-paced and continuous change environment;
- ability to work in a global environment with flexibility to work with different time zones and building relationships across functions and geographies;
- extensive post-qualification experience in public accounting and in industry (high-growth technology or pre-IPO organisations are preferred) a with strong focus on month-end close, technical accounting and transactional finance operations;
- substantial relevant people management experience, including a proven ability to recruit, manage, train and coach staff in accounting and within transactional finance operations;
- solid understanding of mid-range financial systems, Netsuite are preferred;
- experience with US GAAP and SOX;
- experience with EMEA region GAAPs and ERP system implementation are preferred;
- the ability to adapt to change with a positive, “can-do” attitude and being a team player are essential;
- must thrive on ambiguity, love change and enjoy taking on special projects.
- excellent communication and time management skills. Ability to prioritise, plan, perform and communicate activities and findings both in written and verbal form to individuals, management and auditors;
- confident, energetic, team player who is equally comfortable working independently as well as part of a local and wider global team;
- hardworking self-starter who is both detailed-oriented and can see the bigger picture; and
- hands-on with a strong sense of ownership and
- working knowledge of financial statement preparation and VAT returns as well as cash flow forecasting.
- proven experience in the review of internal controls and process improvement.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Competitive salary
- 5 weeks’ paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Pension fund
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours
To apply, please upload a CV and covering letter to the portal before the closing date. No agencies please.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings, Inc.