We are currently seeking someone with a strong interest in DevOps principles to join our team. Working with the Director of Engineering, this team is the linchpin between Software Engineering, QA, IT Operations and other business teams. This role is part Sys Admin, part Network Engineer, part DBA and part Software Engineer. We would love someone with strong Windows Server and Linux Systems skills for this role. And although Cloud is currently not a major part of what the team do today... you will focus on enabling our cloud capability with AWS and GCP to build a Hybrid cloud environment.
Day-to-day will see you:
- Develop processes to maximise infrastructure performance, solving problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with infrastructure team members, and vendors on infrastructure optimisation
- Working with internal teams and partners to implement the best fit practices in DevOps, SiteOps, Reliability Engineering and support the CI/CD pipeline
- Play an active part in determining how platforms should evolve and what technologies should be embraced to serve this role moving forward
- Support the development, build and deployment tools by collaborating with the engineering teams
- Troubleshoot reoccurring issues through effective investigation and provide new solutions large-scale, real-time, high availability distributed and clustered systems
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience with: Kibana, Splunk, Prometheus, Graphite + Grafana, Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK), Zabbix, Pingdom
- An advanced knowledge of components in a modern web stack and understands RFC's such as HTTP, HTTP2, TLS, DNS
- A deep understanding of Linux/Windows OS and configuration
- A good working knowledge of, and experience in using configuration automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Octopus Deploy, Jenkins, Bamboo
- A history of having automated tasks using the right tools and languages be it Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell
- Working experience with cloud platforms - AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure or any other cloud providers
- Experience with service design, including handling messaging protocols & behaviours, caching strategies and software design practices
- Experience with a combination of RabbitMQ, Kafka, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and/or Kubernetes would also be an advantage
- Understanding of the OSI model's top host layers (Application, Presentation, Session, Transport), and at least a familiarity with the rest
- A proven understanding of Network Engineering (Firewalls, Routers, Load Balancers, Routing)
- And experience with Server Hardware (Physical or Virtual), and planning/deployment/configuration/management principles
What’s on offer:
- We’re growing, so there will be plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career with us... we invest time and money into your learning - attending conferences, hosting and attending ‘brown bag’ lunches, meet ups, and making sure craft and support individual learning opportunities
- We like to achieve a balance between work and life... so have flexible working hours and the option to work remotely as needed
- Day off for your birthday
- Weekly food, snacks and DrinksCombined (aka our bar) all included
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of Metasearch brands including KAYAK, Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel. KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
HotelsCombined was acquired by KAYAK in late 2018 and this is an exciting time to join our team.
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you