We are seeking a Manager to support the Accounting and Reporting team at KAYAK and OpenTable. The Manager’s primary responsibilities will include preparing consolidated reporting deliverables, enhancing internal reporting and analysis, developing accounting guidelines, and maintaining the monthly close timeline. The successful candidate should have experience with internal reporting and analysis, a solid understanding of US GAAP, display a strong sense of ownership and accountability, have exceptional communication skills, and possess an eagerness to learn and produce results.
- Streamline internal reporting templates so that they are easy to populate and review
- Create new and enhance existing internal reporting analyses in order to identify potential misstatements
- Prepare consolidated reporting packages for management, external auditors and Booking Holdings
- Assist with unifying close deadlines across all entities and brands
- Maintain FloQast, the companies close management software
- Develop and maintain accounting guidelines to ensure common application of accounting guidance and serve as an FAQ to the GL accounting team
- Identifying costs to be shared across the group, determining appropriate cost drivers and allocating costs on a periodic basis
- Assist with acquisitions as needed
- Liaise with external auditors and provide support for quarterly review and substantive audit requests
- Assist with various ad hoc projects as they arise
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (CPA Preferred)
- 4-6 years’ experience (Public Accounting Preferred)
- Hyperion and SmartView experience a plus
- Should be an analytical thinker and must display an attitude of professional skepticism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem solving and people management skills
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
4 weeks paid vacation
Day off on your birthday
Generous retirement plans
Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
Flexible Spending Accounts
No stupid meetings
Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
Free massages from professional masseuse
Regular team events/excursions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.