KAYAK is seeking a senior accountant to join our global accounting team. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, possess strong accounting knowledge and be capable of working both independently and within a team.
- Responsible for month-end close activities including accounting for fixed assets and leases, preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, recording and reconciling intercompany transactions.
- Work together and support Accounting Managers in various accounting projects and global process alignment and improvement initiatives.
- Assist with the preparation of statutory accounts and audit process.
- Full legal entity accounting responsibility including but not limited to month-end Balance sheet and P&L analysis.
- Responsible for local filings including VAT, EC Sales and country specific statistical reporting.
- Contribute to on-going development in GL accounting processes, identify and communicate improvements.
- Ad hoc analysis and tasks
Education, experience and skills
- Master's or bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field (preferred)
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in accounting, finance or audit
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to meet tight deadlines
- Flair for numbers and analytical thinking
- Proactive and solution focused
- Enthusiasm for a fast paced, change oriented environment
- Knowledge of US GAAP a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills (ability to work with remote team members)
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
5 weeks paid vacation
Day off on your birthday
Health Insurance subsidy
Free German classes
No stupid meetings
Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
Regular team events/excursions