Quality Manager is a key member of the team who has an overall responsibility for the quality of KAYAK products ensuring the delivery of high quality software. Qualits acceptance criteria, identifies and monitors the implementation of automated and manual test cases, monitors testing, assesses test results, coordinates and supervises the activities of offshore testing personnel. Quality Manager monitors production quality metrics and advocates for excellent quality software development methods and practices.
- Collaborate with development and product managers to resolve and document product quality requirements
- Settle product acceptance criteria
- Plan and monitor the implementation of manual and automated test cases
- Use production quality metrics to refine quality requirements and test plans
- Be the “voice of quality” for one or more products of KAYAK
- 3+ years experience in an engineering, product management, quality assurance or similar role in a high-velocity software product or service development environment including at least 2 years experience writing software and/or automated tests
- Deep knowledge of at least one of the following UI technology stacks: web UI, mobile web or mobile applications and/or the following back-end technologies: enterprise Java, service oriented architectures, relational and non-relational databases
- Experience working with offshore teams and with colleagues in multiple time-zones
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and quantitative analysis skills
The following will help you stand out:
- Experience with Atlassian products (Bamboo, JIRA, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Experience with or exposure to software development in a CI/CD environment
- Experience with a large scale, customer facing, continuously available web based product or service
A great team member should have the following attributes:
- Is an effective colleague and collaborator
- Shows the dedication of delivering outstanding quality software in a dynamic environment
- Is detailed oriented while always keeping track of the big picture
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world's favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- Day off on your birthday
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free Yoga classes
- Regular team events/excursions