Reporting to a Manager of Quality Management, the Quality Manager is a key member of the team who is responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality software at KAYAK.com, a worldwide leader in Internet travel search. In collaboration with product managers, developers and testers you will identify, analyze and document quality related requirements.
You will have an overview of manual and automated test cases, identify inefficient test coverage with potential risks, monitor test executions and report findings to the product team.
You'd monitor and use our quality metrics to advocate and assist development in producing a high quality product.
- Collaborate with development and product managers to identify, detail and analyze product quality requirements
- Help to define product acceptance criteria
- Plan and monitor the development, implementation and execution of automated and manual test cases
- Assess production metrics to refine quality requirements and test plans
- Become the main point of contact between many departments and QA resources to clarify testing expectations and the current testing status of new features
- You will own the testing activities of an offshore team dedicated to your product area
- Assist with triaging a defect backlogs to prioritize issues as necessary
- Identify high priority issues to ensure timely resolution
- You are the “voice of quality” for one or more products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and quantitative analysis skills
- 5+ years experience in an engineering, product management, quality assurance or similar role in a high-velocity software product or service development environment including at least 2 years experience writing software and/or automated tests
- Experience working with offshore teams and with colleagues in multiple time-zones
- Deep knowledge of at least one of the following UI technology stacks: web UI, mobile web or mobile applications and/or the following back-end technologies: enterprise Java, service oriented architectures, relational and non-relational databases.
- Effective colleague and collaborator
- Dedication to delivering high quality software in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Having a critical eye, while always keeping track of the big picture
How To Stand Out
- Experience with Atlassian products (Bamboo, JIRA, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Exposure to software development in a CI/CD environment
- Background with a large scale, customer facing, continuously available web based product or service.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from a professional massage therapist
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.