Reporting to a Manager of Quality Management, the Quality Manager is a key member of the team responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality software at KAYAK.com, a worldwide leader in Internet travel search.
The Quality Manager has overall for the quality of one or more Kayak products. He or she collaborates with developers, product managers and product testers to determine and document quality related requirements and product and feature acceptance criteria, identifies and monitors the implementation of automated and manual test cases, monitors testing, assesses test results and coordinates and supervises the activities of offshore testing personnel. He or she monitors production quality metrics and advocates for high quality software development methods and practices.
- Collaborate with development and product managers to determine and document product quality requirements
- Determine product acceptance criteria
- Plan and monitor the implementation of manual and automated test cases
- Use production quality metrics to refine quality requirements and test plans
- Is the “voice of quality” for one or more products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and quantitative analysis skills
- 5+ years experience in an engineering, product management, quality assurance or similar role in a high-velocity software product or service development environment including at least 2 years experience writing software and/or automated tests
- Experience working with offshore teams and with colleagues in multiple time-zones
- Deep knowledge of at least one of the following UI technology stacks: web UI, mobile web or mobile applications and/or the following back-end technologies: enterprise Java, service oriented architectures, relational and non-relational databases
The following will help you stand out
- Experience with Atlassian products (Bamboo, JIRA, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Experience with or exposure to software development in a CI/CD environment
- Experience with a large scale, customer facing, continuously available web based product or service
The successful candidate will have the following attributes
- Is an effective colleague and collaborator
- Has demonstrated his/her dedication to delivering high quality software in a dynamic environment
- Is detailed oriented while always keeping track of the big picture
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.