In addition to great food, dining out is about sharing experiences and connections. At OpenTable, we have a real passion for enabling these great moments - and you will play a vital role in driving diners to experience these moments. In this role, you will be providing maternity leave coverage for our Senior Designer, and helping bring our marketing campaigns to life to drive new diner growth.
We are seeking a full-time, 6-month contract Junior Designer to help support and elevate OpenTable’s marketing, digital and content strategy. This position will work out of the KAYAK offices in Stamford, Connecticut.
What you’ll do:
- Under the direction of the Creative Team Lead for KAYAK/OpenTable, Senior Designer for OpenTable and Senior Designer for KAYAK, support and improve the way we express the OpenTable brand across a wide range of touchpoints.
- Ensure that quality and brand standards are maintained throughout the entire creative process
- Concept and design new assets for paid and organic marketing channels, including display, social, email, video, and the blog
- Amplify existing campaigns with banner ads and social extensions
- Iterate, edit, and resize existing assets for use on multiple platforms
- Maintain the OpenTable photo asset bank, keeping it up to date and organized
- Source on-brand images for blog, social and email
- Support Senior Designer at KAYAK with any cross-brand or KAYAK brand initiatives
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 1-3 years experience in a related role
- A bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, or equivalent
- A strong portfolio featuring examples of multi-channel design projects
- The ability to design within an established brand identity system, while pushing the direction forward
- An outgoing, professional, and eager attitude
- Very strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple projects
- The motivation to work autonomously and collaboratively with copywriters, designers and project partners
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Sketch
Please submit your portfolio with your application.
As a temporary employee of OpenTable, you'll be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.