How many campaigns have you worked and labored on, only to be left scratching your head regarding the effectiveness of the work? At KAYAK, Brand Marketing Europe, we combine creativity with insights, analytics and findings to craft messaging that delivers real results and not just hype. We work quickly and efficiently and believe in rapid prototyping and optimization. This requires an objective mindset and willingness to work fast.
For this role, we seek a hands-on creative professional that has extensive experience with creative concepting and copywriting across all forms of brand communications with a heavy focus on (but not limited to) video-based executions (TVCs and Social Media). This position reports to our VP, KAYAK Marketing Europe.
Experience working with international accounts/clients is a must-have, as is a strong understanding of European culture, and social trends. Experience working on travel accounts is helpful but not required for this role.
Previous management experience leading and mentoring creative professionals is a requirement for this position.
On a personal level we are looking for an up-beat, positive personality, someone who is comfortable working in a fast-paced technology company and possesses a strong desire to learn.
Working with our Brand Managers and our in-house creative team to bring strong creative concepts to market in support of our product and brand initiatives.
We are currently developing creative for five different brands in Europe: KAYAK, SWOODOO, checkfelix, momondo, and cheapflights.
- Creative Concepting and Ideation
- Treatments and storyboards
- Long and short form copy
- Day-to-Day Management and mentoring
- Work closely with creative team to create exceptional marketing campaigns that get results
- Edit and proofread various materials as needed
- Coaching of other marketing disciplines
- Significant experience in professional, commercial writing. A strong record in creating immaculate copy that stands out from the crowd.
- Strong creative/art direction experience.
- Experience writing award winning TVCs is critical for this role.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills – should be able to convey ideas independently and within a team setting.
- Copywriting skills must be at a native English level to be considered. Fluency in German, French or Spanish are also welcome!
- A good crafter, quick-acting but a stickler for detail. Able to find easy to execute creative solutions.
- Team management skills and strong coaching abilities.
- Deep understanding of the entire digital ecosystem is a MUST!
Our mission at KAYAK is to help people experience the world through travel, and provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
And because our team is always on the lookout looking for ways to make travel planning and trip management even easier, we offer a variety of tools and features such as KAYAK Trips, Explore and Price Forecast and are constantly evolving our app, Facebook Messenger and Slack bots, Alexa skill and related A.I. innovations.
In addition to KAYAK, we manage a portfolio of metasearch brands including: momondo, Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix and Mundi that together process more than two billion consumer queries a year.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Benefits & Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Pension plan contributions
- Health insurance
- No stupid meetings
- Lunch catering five days per week
- Monthly massages
- An awesome office in the city centre of Copenhagen
- Multiple social events, e.g. wine and beer tasting, football, yoga, Friday bars, foosball
- A great team of social and passionate professionals
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.