KAYAK and OpenTable are looking for a business-oriented, flexible Staff Attorney to help navigate the challenging and fun legal hurdles of travel and dining.
Based in KAYAK’s Cambridge, MA office, your role as a member of the legal team will involve primarily supporting the global advertising and marketing business, providing legal guidance for various business and product initiatives, and other legal matters that may arise (including IP, litigation and employment). The role requires good judgment, a strong work ethic, the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and great interpersonal skills.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Negotiate, write and review agreements and contracts, especially with marketing and PR agencies
- Review advertising, PR, and marketing materials targeted at multiple jurisdictions across the globe to ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Review online products as to legal compliance and advise product development teams on risks and mitigation
- Provide legal counsel on a variety of topics as the need arises
- Research and advise on unique legal issues impacting the Company
- Manage various projects, litigation and deadlines
- JD from a nationally recognized law school
- Licensed attorney in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or elsewhere
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience practicing law, preferably in e-commerce, digital marketing, and/or travel. Experience reviewing and negotiating advertising and marketing contracts a major plus
- Professional who provides a good balance of risk taking and judgment and who has unquestionable integrity, credibility and character, displaying high moral and ethical behavior at all times
- Ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and experience managing several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to communicate and explain complex legal issues to various business partners
- Mature judgment and gravitas with the ability to build relationships across the KAYAK and OpenTable organizations including among business units, senior management, and with other legal team members
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to get the job done
- Not afraid to perform legal research and provide advice on unfamiliar jurisdictions; international experience a plus
- Language skills a plus, especially Spanish or Portuguese
- A sense of humor
The Staff Attorney will be required to make sound judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions. In addition to possessing the requisite legal and technical skills, you will approach this role from an experienced business perspective and demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal skills, ethics and integrity, as well as strategic/conceptual thinking capabilities plus adaptability in working across legal disciplines and functioning in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Some travel may be required with the position, particularly to offices in Connecticut, California, and outside the U.S.
Benefits and perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- 3 year anniversary travel bonus
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional masseuse
- Regular team events/excursions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About KAYAK and OpenTable
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. We operate a portfolio of brands including KAYAK, SWOODOO, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined that together process over two billion consumer queries annually. KAYAK operates sites in more than 60 countries and territories. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
OpenTable is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating approximately 12 million diners per month via online bookings across 28,000 restaurants. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands.
KAYAK and OpenTable are subsidiaries of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG)