We are looking for a forward-thinking and hardworking Data Engineer who craves to learn and deliver every single day. As a Data Engineer, you will join KAYAK's Programmatic Marketing team in our Cambridge and Kaunas offices. You will be taking care of data parsing, analysing, investigating, interpreting, modelling, and extracting knowledge from large volumes of data. One of your main goals will stepping ahead to process data in order to help drive better business decisions in our fast-paced environment. If you love travelling and want to work on a team of similarly talented, driven individuals, we'd love to hear from you.
- Mastering extraction of data from databases, writing scripts to parse, clean, combine, and process them
- Your goal will be to build dashboards and visualisations of processed data, identify trends, anomalies
- Investigation of data problems, identification of patterns will be your top game
- Drawing inferences and conclusions, communicating results through reports, charts, or tables
- Defining and implementing KPIs in conjunction with the business team
- University degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math/Physics
- Expertise of SQL and databases is a requirement, with Hive/Hadoop a plus
- Excellent programming skills with at least one high-level language such as Python, Java, or C/C++
- Good knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and statistics
- Knowledge of Unix shell scripting is valued
- Knowledge of Machine Learning would be a plus
- Superb interpersonal skills in English (both spoken and written), additional languages are a plus
- Relevant experience in similar role
- You are an outstanding teammate who loves to engage with colleagues at a professional and personal level
- You can handle a high volume of requests with frequent interruptions and prioritise their work while taking infrastructure and business needs into account
- You have an extraordinary technical communication skills
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Day off on your birthday
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free Yoga classes
- Regular team events/excursions