As an HR Generalist you are a pivotal member of the People Team at OpenTable and KAYAK, providing consistent client support throughout the employee journey for the KAYAK Commercial team. You partner with colleagues and clients providing collaboration on projects and expert advice and direction to the business. You serve as a key resource on critical projects, partnering with others in the team to ensure seamless service delivery.
About Our Role:
- Build relationships with employees in the KAYAK Global Commercial team to implement initiatives that drive the development objectives of KAYAK and OpenTable
- Provide advice and support to managers and individual contributors to address employee relations and performance gaps, including mitigating risk and managing situations that result in the best possible outcomes for the company, teams, and people
- Ensuring accuracy/compliance of employee data and files through regular review and audit
- Ensure that exiting employees are managed appropriately including notifications, performance improvement plans, warnings, and conducting exit interviews
- Working actively with colleagues across the function to ensure an integrated approach to HR service delivery
- Provide specialist support within a specific area – be a subject matter expert / take ownership of a particular area within the People team
- Work with a global team to assess and implement the Commercial compensation and performance management strategy
- Provide HR support to a growing Latin America Commercial team and maintain compliance with local laws and regulations
- Lead and work as part of a team on ad hoc global HR projects
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience working as an HR Representative or equivalent in a generalist capacity
- Expert knowledge of current employment legislation and an ability to apply this knowledge to real life employee relations issues
- Ability to build solid relationships with the managers, People team, cross-functional internal partners and external providers/vendors
- A client service bias, meeting and anticipating client needs
- Demonstrate patience in complex situations and resolving issues with clarity and discretion
- Attention to detail
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to work independently and actively in a high-performance organization
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- BA/BS degree or equivalent and qualified in relevant HR qualification e.g. PHR/ SHRM-CP
- High degree of adaptability and flexibility to change
- Experience providing HR support to Latin American countries, or a Spanish speaker a plus
About Our Team
The People Team is in build-mode: we are assembling our group to deliver great results for our team and our colleagues around the world. We aim for transparency and believe in making the HR fundamentals simple and seamless, and that means having an eye to improving our programs, processes, systems and more.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.