We are looking for a product designer intern who is curious and passionate about developing strategies that investigate user needs in the travel space. A strong portfolio of shipped products/features, and or student projects is critical. You are someone who is interested in mastering their craft to turn insights into beautifully designed products. You should have a mastery of fundamental visual and interaction design disciplines and principals and have an exceptional eye for pixel-perfect detail. This role is in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office. From here you will be working with a global team of Product Managers, Engineers and Designers.
What you’ll do
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research and analytical insights into ideas that form new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly access viability, and design detailed interactions
- Iterate based on feedback from the whole team
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas
Who you are
- You are pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field of study
- You’re an effective communicator and facilitator with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us and have some projects that you can tell us about.
- You are an incredible designer, who's attention to detail comes through the beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs
- You love to quickly iterate and prototype your concepts by using any of tools: InVision, Principle, Framer, Keynote, Origami, HTML/CSS, etc
- Strong time management skills and you can self-direct when needed.
- A curiosity to learn and a willingness to be adapt as new and different challenges constantly emerge
- Comfortable working in a dynamic design process where we let quantitative and qualitative customer data guide our designs
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
And because our team is always on the lookout looking for ways to make travel planning and trip management even easier, we offer a variety of tools and features such as KAYAK Trips, Explore and Price Forecast and are constantly evolving our app, Facebook Messenger and Slack bots, Alexa skill and related A.I. innovations.
In addition to KAYAK, we manage a portfolio of metasearch brands including: momondo, Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix, Mundi and Hotels Combined that together process more than two billion consumer queries a year.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.