KAYAK is seeking an analytical product manager intern to join our Flights team in Cambridge, MA this summer. The ideal candidate has experience solving complex problems and thrives in an agile, collaborative and data-driven environment.
The candidate will help identify, define and deploy features and enhancements that will deliver a great end-to-end travel experience for KAYAK’s millions of users. This role requires a strong understanding of consumer behavior and an ability to work closely with cross-functional teams to iterate on and prioritize features. The successful candidate will be an expert communicator and multi-tasker, have a passion for designing thoughtful UX on both web and mobile platforms and be very comfortable leveraging A/B experiments to test ideas. The candidate will combine strategic and operational skills to enhance and grow our Flights vertical.
- Own an initiative to enhance the Flights product from conception to execution
- Develop a thorough understanding of the user journey, leveraging metrics, surveys, user interviews, and the like
- Identify gaps in current functionality and offerings; prioritize ideas for development
- Work with cross-functional teams, as product and project manager, to define specifications and help launch features against realistic deadlines and goals
- Measure product performance and identify key levers of improvement
- Communicate goals, progress, blockers and launch plans to key constituents across the KAYAK organization, including senior management
- Monitor competitive and industry landscape and stay abreast of the latest technology and capabilities across various platforms
- Coordinate with other product managers and designers to ensure the cohesiveness of the overall user experience
- Currently in the first year of a full-time MBA program
- Ability to complete a 12-week internship beginning in May or June 2019
- 3+ years of relevant work experience prior to your MBA
- Good business judgment, BS/BA required, technical background preferred
- Desire to become a full-time product manager upon graduation
- Specific experience in both defining and executing strategy, including a proven ability to champion initiatives and drive to key decisions using quantitative and qualitative data
- Demonstrated commitment to developing user empathy
- Ability to collaborate with teams across different functions (e.g., Engineering, Design. Business Development) and different cultures
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills at all levels of an organization
- Highly detail-oriented; analytical skills required (e.g., SQL, Python)
- Background in consumer products, ideally in e-commerce and B2C, preferred
- A passion for travel with the Trip Stats to back it up a big plus
- Knowledge of the Airline industry a plus, but not required
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.