Kayak is looking for a MySQL database administrator to fill out our IT operations team. The successful candidate for this position will be a self-starter with extensive experience managing MySQL databases in a 24x7 Saas environment.
- 5+ years experience working with MySQL in a 24x7 web facing environment.
- Strong Linux skills, 5+ years (Redhat/Centos preferred)
- Experience troubleshooting and remediating poorly performing queries.
- Strong understanding on MySQL backup and recovery strategies.
- Ability to document work and share knowledge with other team members.
- Ability to work with developers to troubleshoot and remediate challenging database problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting master/master replication.
- Experience using Puppet IT automation software.
- Strong ruby/python/perl/bash or equivalent scripting skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of TCP/IP networking and wide area networks.
- Experience working with Amazon AWS.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional massage therapist
- Regular team events/excursions
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.