KAYAK is growing rapidly and seeks to hire an intern/co-op to bolster the IT Support team. The ideal candidate will understand the basics of troubleshooting hardware and software. A friendly demeanor and great communication skills are very important to ensuring success.
The position will be based in Cambridge, MA.
- Deploy new software and hardware to our employees.
- Provide software and hardware support to our employees in person and remotely.
- Manage the helpdesk ticketing queue, owning and completing tickets assigned to you.
- Assist w/ onboarding and offboarding users and equipment
- Optional project work for prodigious learners
- Initiative: ability to identify and complete tasks on your own.
- Top-notch troubleshooter: ability to dive into issues, resolve them and find the root cause quickly while under duress.
- Clear and effective communicator: ability to effectively work with fellow employees in a friendly manner; both in person and over the phone.
- Multi-tasker: ability to manage multiple tasks and properly prioritize them.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Active Directory.
- Understanding of Windows, and OS X operating systems.
- Basic software troubleshooting, hardware troubleshooting and command line/terminal skills.
- Basic computer software, computer hardware and networking knowledge.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.