We are looking for Java backend developers to help improve and maintain KAYAK’s world leading trip planning tool. We parse emails from over 500 travel sites and create thousands of new trips every day. KAYAK - Trips helps our users to keep all their booking receipts in one place, neatly organized in an itinerary. On top of real-time check-in, flight status and gate change alerts the platform also offers a feature to share your trip with friends and to collaborate with fellow travelers.
You will be an essential part of a high powered team that keeps all of this running smoothly – helping millions of people keep track of their trips and plan their future ones! Plus, you’ll get to try out your craziest ideas during our HackWeeks. And you’ll get to be the first to play with new and exciting travel features (while getting paid for it).
- A solid software engineer with backend experience
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced startup environment
- Hands on and self-motivated
- Implement new backend Trips features
- Improve existing features with an eye towards speed and user experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years experience
- Spring, SQL, HTTP, XML, JSON
- Bonus Points: MySQL, Elasticsearch, Kafka, AWS, Git, Tomcat, Apache
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services."
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Annual education budget
- Free lunch catering three days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages from Wellnow
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams (Football, Volleyball, Basketball)
- Flexible hours
- In-house gym facilities
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.