Reporting to the Manager of Release Automation, the Release Automation Intern is a key member of the team that is responsible for running development, build, test, and deployment systems for KAYAK.com, a worldwide leader in Internet travel search. Release Automation bridges the gaps between engineering, operations, and QA. Our vision is to remove bottlenecks and provide visibility into the SDLC.
- Create/Update puppet modules to manage Linux build systems.
- Extend our friendly ChatBot with helpful features for engineers.
- Extend our dashboard system with useful information for all.
- Creating and maintaining Bamboo plans for various product stages.
- Assist in coding internal code release tools.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC)
- Knowledge of source control systems (svn, git, etc…)
- Programming experience (ruby preferred)
- Strong desire to improve quality of life for fellow employees
- Clear, concise, and effective collaborator.
- Ability to identify, scope and complete tasks independently.
- Attention to detail and a focus on quality.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.