KAYAK is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Manager of Commercial Partnerships who will help promote our commercial activities in Japan, building and maintaining business relationships with our travel partners.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of consumer behaviour, superior analytical skills and the ability to work closely with KAYAK’s engineering, design, and business teams. Candidates must be self-starters and able to thrive in an agile, fast-paced and data-driven environment.
This position will be based in Tokyo, Japan and report to the Regional Manager - Northeast Asia, also based in Japan.
· Promote KAYAK’s business model with distribution partners in flight, hotel, package, and rental car together with the Regional Manager, Northeast Asia.
· Promote KAYAK’s business with new and existing travel partners with the Regional Manager.
· Identify and fill gaps in content within the search results and revenue opportunities
· Manage advertising campaigns to new and existing partners
· Promote KAYAK by aggressively reaching out to prospective advertisers
· Effectively manage and promote KAYAK’s business and develop a strategy for long-term sustained success
· Liaise with engineering and product teams to identify, escalate, and resolve technical issues from provider-meta connectivity.
· Measure and analyze product performance using business and user metrics, establish relevant reports.
· Monitor the competitive landscape of travel search sites, identify KAYAK weaknesses, formulate/execute a plan to close the gap.
2-5 years of relevant experience, travel industry experience a plus
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills a must
Experience with contracting a plus
Ability to manage complex, multi-faceted relationships
Proven track record of exceeding expectations through superior project management
Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
Technical background or relevant online experience a plus
Self-starter and ability to work independently
Ability to effectively liaise with both internal technical teams and senior members of the KAYAK commercial team.
Highly detail-oriented and analytical skills absolutely required
Good sense of humour and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
BA/BS degree required
Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
Fluency in written and spoken English and Japanese
Must be already eligible to work in Japan
What we offer
Exciting, fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture
No stupid meetings
20 days vacation, day off on your birthday