Kava Labs is hiring for Technical Product Manager, who will be responsible for product research, development, and communicating cross-functionally to deliver products on time and within project scope. This is a US- based, full-time, remote position.
We are a 100% distributed workforce with teams in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Europe. While distributed, you will work alongside a team of world class crypto experts on an open-source project that transfers millions of dollars in assets daily, providing the financial primitives for the next evolution in crypto.
What You Will Do.
- Create and maintain product roadmap, play a key role in the product feature planning for short term and medium term process for Kava’s protocol engineering team.
- Develop and gather market research for business requirements and create user stories, epic definitions, and acceptance for the product development process.
- Lead an active role in seeking and supporting users and developers feedback as a regular part of product development activities.
- Take a high- level product directive and create product requirements document and manage engineering hurdles; such as feedback and setting goals and success metrics.
- Summarizes and analyzes data; making recommendations related to research findings and present tradeoffs clearly.
Who You Are.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Engineering, Math, CS or similar preferred
- 3+ years as a technical product manager in Fintech, or working on distributed systems (blockchain, cloud products, B2C or B2B etc.)
- 2+ years creating short – medium term roadmaps for technical product lines
- Ability to use data query from databases to make business decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in Crypto/Defi space
- You exhibit a high level of autonomy in ambiguous environments and are comfortable establishing and executing upon priorities with a strong sense of urgency.
- Comfortable working in a high-stakes, high-growth, roll up your sleeves type of work and fast-paced environment.
- Nice to Have: Software development and/or data science experience working with technical products. Experience with distributed systems or complex technical products
- 30 minute Recruiting Zoom Meeting
- 30 minute Head of People Zoom Meeting
- 1 hour Hiring Manager Zoom Meeting
- 1.5 hour Panel Zoom Meetings
What We Offer.
- A fully remote work environment with an international and diverse team
- Competitive salary; including stipends for home office set-up, wellness, internet and cell phone.
- 100% coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD and Basic Life insurance for employees
- 401(k) with match
- Token grants for exploration, investment, and/or prof
- Unlimited PTO
- Work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can deep-dive into the frontier of blockchain
Benefits, perks and policies are subject to change and eligibility may vary based on location.
About Kava Labs.
Kava Labs is focused on democratizing financial services and making them openly accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world. We started out by building the Kava blockchain, a foundational platform designed to provide the most safe, secure, and reliable experience for accessing Decentralized Financial (DeFi) apps and services. Today that platform manages over $1B in assets on behalf of users and is growing rapidly.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team that values first principle thinking, experimentation, and learning to ensure long-term success. We are not dogmatic in our approach, but we are relentless in our pursuit to create impactful technology for the future.
We have a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and cultures but we’re all united in our passion for building new open financial infrastructure — together so that our efforts will make a real impact and create lasting change in the world.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Kava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.