Kava Labs is seeking an experienced Golang Software Engineer for the Kava lending platform, Kava's blockchain solution enabling decentralized stable coins, bonds, and lending for crypto users. This is a full time remote position. Candidates can apply from time zones ranging from PST (USA Pacific), to CET (Central Europe). We are looking for your experience and perspective to contribute to our growing company and culture! We are a 100% distributed workforce with teams in the US, Canada, Asia-Pacific, and Europe.
You will be directly developing and deploying on a platform that is worth $500M and working to have $1B+ assets under management by the software. You will work alongside a team of world class crypto experts, and take ownership of an open-source project on a platform that transfers millions of dollars in assets daily and provide the financial primitives for the next evolution in crypto. You will have a huge impact on product and technology development.
What You Will Do.
- Write financial applications using a blockchain application framework written in Go-lang called the Cosmos SDK.
- Write interoperability software for communicating between blockchains (IBC relayer, BEP 3 Deputy).
- Write supporting applications and developer tools in Golang that are used by Kava developers or users of the Kava DeFi platform.
- Familiarize yourself with the Kava codebase and related components of the cosmos-sdk (Kava, Tendermint)
- Review pull requests and provide valuable feedback to members of the team and open source contributors.
- Lead projects allocate responsibilities amongst Kava blockchain engineers to optimize performance and squash bugs.
- Oversees timely delivery of projects and communicate timelines to product team
- Acts as a technical correspondent across the larger engineering team, providing technical guidance and expertise
- Report to the Head of Engineering and attend Daily Stand-up meetings via Zoom.
Who You Are.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in Software Development
- 3+ years minimum experience in Golang, with 1 year of everyday use of Golang
- Nice to have: Project leader of 6-12 week deliverable, overseeing 2-3 other engineers owning design, planning, estimation, testing, and coordination for team projects and feature delivery
- You have solid engineering fundamentals, a computer science degree is preferred
- You are comfortable working in an open source environment, your work is out there for everyone to see and scrutinize
- You are meticulous and detail oriented. This is financial software, it’s of utmost importance that it is secure.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You have an interest in blockchains and decentralized technologies. A willingness to learn is a must.
- A self-starting and ambitious attitude that thrives in a startup environment
What We Offer.
🤩 Work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
🤓 A learning environment where you can deep-dive into the frontier of blockchain
technologies and make an impact to active users
💰 Competitive salary
📈 Competitive stock options
🤫 Token grants for exploration, investment, and/or profit
💪 Monthly stipend for health and wellness
🏝 Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
🦷 Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance for employees
👵 401(k) with match
🏡 A remote work environment with an international and diverse team
About Kava Labs.
Kava Labs is focused on democratizing financial services and making them openly accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world. We started out by building the Kava blockchain, a foundational platform designed to provide the most safe, secure, and reliable experience for accessing Decentralized Financial(DeFi) apps and services. Today that platform manages over $1B in assets on behalf of users and is growing rapidly.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team that values first principle thinking, experimentation, and learning to ensure long-term success. We are not dogmatic in our approach, but we are relentless in our pursuit to create impactful technology for the future.
We have a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and culture but we’re all united in our passion about building new open financial infrastructure — together, so that our efforts will make a real impact and create lasting change in the world.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Kava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
All applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs