Kava Labs is seeking a Developer Support Engineer for the Kava lending platform, Kava's blockchain solution enabling decentralized stable coins, bonds, and lending for crypto users. We are looking for your experience and perspective to be a culture add to our company! We are a 100% distributed workforce with teams in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Europe. This is a full time remote position located in the U.S. or North America region.
You will be helping Developers and Technical users build on a platform that is working to have $100M+ assets under management by the software. You will work alongside a team of world class crypto experts, and take ownership of technical communication, education, and developer support for an open-source platform that transfers millions of dollars in assets daily and is providing the financial primitives for the next evolution in crypto. This is an entry-level role and an excellent start for recent college graduates or applicants with completed recent internships.
What You Will Do.
- Be the first point of contact for developers asking technical questions about the Kava lending platform
- Create content for:
- Medium posts - weekly
- Forum posts, telegram chats, technical guides that helps users walk through technical activities - daily
- Provide public facing, written updates on Kava technologies (new features, governance updates, development updates, developer resources)
- Interface with external organizations looking to integrate Kava technologies (exchanges, apps, wallets, etc)
- Provide well-thought out and reliable advice to worldwide users of Kava platform - daily
- Build FAQs and maintain a knowledge base of known issues and solutions
- Reports to Head of Engineering
Who You Are.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related education
- Minimum of 1+ year experience as a Developer
- Experience using Typescript and/or Golang programs are highly preferred
- Actively using a Github account or web technology
- Experienced in reading code and technical documentation
- Previous experience creating content for a technical audience is a plus
- Excellent technical writing skills and strong verbal communication skills
- You take a user-centered approach to problem solving and are always looking for ways to improve
- High threshold for learning, receiving constructive feedback and adopting existing processes
- Consulting or providing customer support in a friendly communication style
- Ability to reach out to engineering team without hesitation for answers and instruction
- Familiarity with popular blockchain technologies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cosmos, Polkadot) preferred
- Recruiter phone screen
- Hiring Manager Zoom video interview
- Zoom interviews with Engineering Team
What We Offer.
🤩 Work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
🤓 A learning environment where you can deep-dive into the frontier of blockchain
technologies and make an impact to active users
💰 Competitive salary
📈 Competitive stock options
🤫 Token grants for exploration, investment, and/or profit
💪 $200 monthly stipend for health and wellness
🏝 Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
🦷 Medical, dental and vision insurance options for employees
👵 401(k) matching
🏡 A remote work environment with an international and diverse team
About Kava Labs.
Kava Labs is a profitable start-up business with multi-year runway and a venture-backed company working on frontier innovations within payments and blockchain technologies. Based in San Francisco, CA and Shanghai, we are building the first open and decentralized payment system capable of connecting and sending value across blockchains and payment networks. It is the creator of the Kava DeFi Platform, a blockchain solution providing DeFi services such as stable coins, bonds, and lending to crypto users across many blockchain networks.
Kava Labs is backed by leading investors in the blockchain space including Ripple, Digital Asset Fund, Arrington Capital, LemnisCap, Coil Technologies, 2020 VC, Hard Yaka, UniValues Associates, and Robot Ventures.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Kava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
All applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.