Kava Labs is seeking an experienced Senior UX Designer for the Kava lending platform, Kava's blockchain solution enabling decentralized stable coins, bonds, and lending for crypto users. This is a full time remote position based in North America. Candidates can apply from time zones ranging from PST to EST (USA or Canada).
You will work alongside a team of world class crypto experts, and take ownership of an open-source project on a platform that transfers millions of dollars in assets daily and provide the financial primitives for the next evolution in crypto. We are looking for your experience and perspective to contribute to our growing company and culture! We are a 100% distributed workforce with teams in the US, Canada, Asia-Pacific, and Europe.
What You Will Do.
- Analyzing product requirements and producing high-quality design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Establish a vision through simple, elegant designs, user-flows, interaction patterns, user end-to-end flows.
- Deliver compelling UX approaches, UI solutions, interaction behaviours, and design systems.
- Facilitate collaboration and alignment with product developers.
- Participating in user research, competitive product analysis and data analysis.
- Advocate for design excellence, craftsmanship, accessibility and usability.
- Report to the product lead and attend Daily Stand-up meetings via Zoom.
How You Will Succeed.
- 5+ years of UI/UX design experience required.
- Deep understanding of modern interaction design practices, use of typography, the psychology of color, layouts, visual systems as well as up-to-date trends in the digital world.
- A portfolio of relevant work experience in Fintech, crypto or technology companies.
- Mastery of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Miro.
- You have an interest in blockchains and decentralized technologies. A willingness to learn is a must.
- A self-starting and ambitious attitude that thrives in a startup environment.
What We Offer.
🤩 Work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
🤓 A learning environment where you can deep-dive into the frontier of blockchain technologies and make an impact to active users
💰 Competitive salary
📈 Competitive stock options
🤫 Token grants for exploration, investment, and/or profit
💪 $200 monthly stipend for health and wellness
🏝 Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
🦷 Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance for employees
👵 401(k) with match
🏡 A remote work environment with an international and diverse team
About Kava Labs.
Kava Labs is focused on democratizing financial services and making them openly accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world. We started out by building the Kava blockchain, a foundational platform designed to provide the most safe, secure, and reliable experience for accessing Decentralized Financial(DeFi) apps and services. Today that platform manages over $1B in assets on behalf of users and is growing rapidly.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team that values first principle thinking, experimentation, and learning to ensure long-term success. We are not dogmatic in our approach, but we are relentless in our pursuit to create impactful technology for the future.
We have a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and culture but we’re all united in our passion about building new open financial infrastructure — together, so that our efforts will make a real impact and create lasting change in the world.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Kava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
All applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.