We are seeking a dynamic and energetic Senior Human Resources Manager! We are growing fast and need a manager to be hands-on, and flex from strategic to tactical work while being a thoughtful leader that provides coaching, support, and development throughout the organization. In this role, your focus areas will include the design and implementation of HR policies & procedures, from diversity and inclusion strategies to onboarding and offboarding experience. As our first Senior Human Resources Manager your years of experience will be key to your success to meet our growing needs. You will take full ownership and pride in building our HR department from the ground up.
We are looking for your experience and perspective to contribute to our growing company culture! We are a 100% distributed workforce with teams in the US, Canada, Asia-Pacific, and Europe. This is a US located, full time remote position. You will work alongside a team of world class crypto experts on an open-source project that transfers millions of dollars in assets daily, providing the financial primitives for the next evolution in crypto.
What You Will Do.
- Drive benefits strategy and relationship with our benefits broker, ensuring we offer competitive and relevant benefits while maintaining compliance.
- Own our compensation approach, ensuring it is fair and consistent; manage all base pay and equity processes and pay structures.
- Develop and maintain a global corporate HR policy.
- Manage people and headcount data and improve access to and presentation of people analytics for the leadership team.
- Partner with our recruiter and hiring managers to build and improve processes including promotions, referral programs, compensation and immigration support.
- Design and manage hiring and termination best practices, policies to ensure compliance for a remote team.
- Work on an international basis helping employees and contractors all around the globe to ensure compliance with legal requirements, including managing location-based compliance needs for a multi state team.
- Advise and assist managers on identifying, evaluating, and resolving employee relations issues; ensure consistent treatment of employees.
- Create and manage DEI programs from concept to launch.
- Manage Leave of Absence policies and related vendors, as well as ensuring our leave practices are progressive and competitive.
- Implement process for immigration sponsorships and manage the relationship with our immigration attorneys; manage all immigration cases.
- Help create standardized metrics and evaluation processes across HR programs to ensure a data-driven approach when evaluating and addressing needs.
Who You Are.
- Makes others better through work reviews, thorough documentation, area of expertise guidance, mentoring, and inspirational leadership.
- Strong HR functional expertise; knowledgeable on employment law matters, immigration, and compliance & policy management.
- Prior experience building scalable operational support infrastructure with a startup.
- US federal and multi state employment law experience is a must.
- Experience with Greenhouse, Gusto, Slack and GSuite a plus.
- Experience partnering with people from different cultural backgrounds and building diversity partnerships.
- Advocate for employee success and thoughtfully address employee operations issues on an individual and systematic basis.
How You Will Succeed.
- 10+ years experience in Human Resources
- 4+ years as a Senior HR Manager
- Prior experience building an HR department from the ground up with a startup
- Advanced knowledge of HR systems and implementation
- Strong knowledge of multi state labor laws in new jurisdictions
- Experience with international hiring a plus; advising management impact on international hires
- Experience leading and implementing a benefits strategy
- Strong understanding of legal and compliance requirements
- Commitment to values of diversity, equity, and inclusion reflected in all aspects
- A self-starting and ambitious attitude that thrives in a startup environment
- Bachelor in Human Resources or related field (preferred)
What We Offer
About Kava Labs.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team that values first principle thinking, experimentation, and learning to ensure long-term success. We are not dogmatic in our approach, but we are relentless in our pursuit to create impactful technology for the future.
We have a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and culture but we’re all united in our passion about building new open financial infrastructure — together, so that our efforts will make a real impact and create lasting change in the world.
Kava Labs is backed by leading investors in the blockchain space including Ripple, Digital Asset Fund, Arrington Capital, LemnisCap, Coil Technologies, 2020 VC, Hard Yaka, UniValues Associates, and Robot Ventures.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Kava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
All applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.