Kava Labs is seeking an experienced Senior Backend Engineer for the Kava lending platform, Kava's blockchain solution enabling decentralized stable coins, bonds, and lending for crypto users. This is a full time remote position. Candidates can apply from time zones ranging from PST (USA Pacific), to CET (Central Europe). We are looking for your experience and perspective to contribute to our growing company and culture! We are a 100% distributed workforce with teams in the US, Canada, Asia-Pacific, and Europe.
You will be directly developing and deploying on a platform that is worth $500M and working to have $1B+ assets under management by the software. You will work alongside a team of world class crypto experts, and take ownership of an open-source project on a platform that transfers millions of dollars in assets daily and provide the financial primitives for the next evolution in crypto. You will have a huge impact on product and technology development.
What You Will Do.
- Write financial applications using a blockchain application framework written in Go-lang called the Cosmos SDK.
- Write interoperability software for communicating between blockchains (IBC relayer, BEP 3 Deputy).
- Write supporting applications and developer tools in Golang that are used by Kava developers or users of the Kava DeFi platform.
- Familiarize yourself with the Kava codebase and related components of the cosmos-sdk (Kava, Tendermint)
- Review pull requests and provide valuable feedback to members of the team and open source contributors.
- Work with Kava blockchain engineers to optimize performance and squash bugs.
- Report to the Head of Engineering and attend Daily Stand-up meetings via Zoom.
Who You Are.
- 7+ years minimum as an experienced Backend Engineer, at least 3 years in senior position required.
- You are a strong individual contributor in Go with 3+ years of experience.
- You have solid engineering fundamentals, a computer science degree is preferred.
- You are comfortable working in an open source environment, your work is out there for everyone to see and scrutinize.
- You are meticulous and detail oriented. This is financial software, it’s of utmost importance that it is secure.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You have an interest in blockchains and decentralized technologies. A willingness to learn is a must.
- A self-starting and ambitious attitude that thrives in a startup environment.
- Committed to values of diversity, equity, and inclusion reflected in all aspects
What We Offer.
About Kava Labs.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team that values first principle thinking, experimentation, and learning to ensure long-term success. We are not dogmatic in our approach, but we are relentless in our pursuit to create impactful technology for the future. We have a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and culture but we’re all united in our passion about building new open financial infrastructure — together, so that our efforts will make a real impact and create lasting change in the world.
With backing from leading blockchain investors including Ripple, Digital Asset Fund, and Arrington XRP Capital, we’re constantly pushing the bounds of DeFi and blockchain technology to bring new products and innovation to the world.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Kava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
All applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.