The Director of Communications for Kava Labs will be the lead brand ambassador and evangelist. Your expert knowledge of the crypto industry will drive brand awareness, strengthen brand equity and ensure the industry, users and marketplace views the organization favorably. You will be responsible for the comprehensive planning and coordination of the company’s external communications and will develop and execute a strategic and comprehensive communications plan, ensuring that a coherent message runs through all company communications, including influencers, social media, publications, media and PR.
Our Director of Communications is an active crypto trader that deeply understands the motives of crypto users and traders to promote the brand, the company, management and our products. You will collaborate across multiple work groups and achieve the buy-in of key stakeholders, measure program and project performance and drive a system of continuous messaging and positioning improvement across the organization.
Day to day, the role will collaborate across the marketing team to develop and maintain effective content and to ensure all communication channels and programs achieve or exceed their objectives and performance targets. This is a US based remote position. We are looking for your experience and perspective to contribute to our growing company and culture! We are a 100% distributed workforce with teams in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Europe.
What You Will Do.
- Develop and own the execution of a proactive communications strategy to increase brand visibility, strengthen brand awareness, and build brand equity
- Build and implement an integrated thought leadership plan, including speaking engagements, awards, and contributed content to enhance the Kava brand and deliver key narratives
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media, influencers, partners, developers, users and industry events to drive positive awareness and coverage for Kava and positively influence our public perception
- Use strategic storytelling and professional writing skills to draft and edit communications materials, including pitches, press releases, talking points, long-form content, social media posts, and briefing documents
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for Kava to participate in conversations relevant to our mission and business objectives
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support Kava product launches, innovations, and key messages internally and externally
- Oversee the social media content calendar and develop a cohesive plan for driving engagement among followers, developers, users and the markets
- Ensure that social media profiles and public-facing communications materials are kept up-to-date
- Actively monitor and report on media coverage and brand mentions, along with measuring the impact of PR and social media campaigns
- 6+ years as a Director in marketing and/or communications; combination of corporate and agency experience
- Historical and current understanding of the crypto community who knows from the inside what matters to them at every level
- Results oriented program manager with a strong ability to work as a lead member inside a cross-functional team environment including the executive team
- Experience cultivating and coaching a team of storytellers (internal and external)
- Proven ability to story-tell in multiple formats (thought leadership, customer stories, images, video, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and a data-driven, highly collaborative, professional business acumen
- Excellent attention to detail, both for line-editing copy and consistency in style and tone
- Capacity to research and synthesize complex information and communicate it simply
- Ability to translate strategy into tactics and put ideas into action, characterized by solid, timely execution
- Experience collaborating with an SEO team and/or leveraging digital PR for the benefit of SEO
What We Offer.
🤩 The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders.🤓 A learning environment where you can deep-dive into the frontier of blockchaintechnologies and make an impact to active users.💰 Competitive salary.📈 Competitive stock options.🤫 Token grants for exploration, investment, and/or profit.💪 $200 monthly stipend for health and wellness.🏝 Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off.🦷 Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance for employees.👵 401(k) matching.🏡 A remote work environment with an international and diverse team.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team that values first principle thinking, experimentation, and learning to ensure long-term success. We are not dogmatic in our approach, but we are relentless in our pursuit to create impactful technology for the future. We have a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and culture but we’re all united in our passion about building new open financial infrastructure — together, so that our efforts will make a real impact and create lasting change in the world.
With backing from leading blockchain investors including Ripple, Digital Asset Fund, and Arrington XRP Capital, we’re constantly pushing the bounds of DeFi and blockchain technology to bring new products and innovation to the world.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Kava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
All applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.