Kava Labs is seeking a Junior Backend Software Engineer for the Kava DeFi platform, Kava's blockchain solution enabling decentralized stable coins, borrowing, lending, and saving for crypto users.
You will be directly developing and deploying on a platform that is worth $500M and working to have $1B+ assets under management by the software. You will work alongside a team of world class crypto experts, and take ownership of an open source project that transfers millions of dollars in assets daily and provide the financial primitives for the next evolution in crypto. You will have a huge impact on product and technology development. All blockchain code is open-source and written in Go (github).
This is a US based, full time remote position. We are looking for your experience and perspective to contribute to our growing company and culture! We are a 100% distributed workforce with teams in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Europe.
What You Will Do.
- Write components for an application using a new blockchain application framework called the Cosmos SDK
- Work with external partners integrating with the kava blockchain (Wallets, Exchanges, Staking service providers, etc)
- Optimize relayer services for communicating between blockchains (BEP 3 Deputy, )
- Write small applications to support KAVA users and partners (web apps, REST servers, etc)
- Review pull requests and provide valuable feedback to members of the team and open source contributors
- Write high quality open-source code
- Our engineering team communicates mostly via Slack, and are committed to a remote, agile development process
- Report to Head of Engineering and attend Daily Stand-up remote meetings
Who You Are.
- 1+ year(s) experience or computer, science and/or engineering degree strongly preferred
- You are a strong individual contributor 1+ professional Go or Typescript projects
- You are familiar with blockchain development concepts and popular use cases (permissionless apps, DeFi, staking, yield farming, DEXs, NFTs)
- Familiarity with the cosmos-sdk is a plus
- A team-oriented mindset and enjoy working in a diverse environment with a distributed team
- You are meticulous and detail oriented. This is financial software, it’s of utmost importance that it is secure.
- Self motivated and thrive in a startup environment
- Committed to values of diversity, equity, and inclusion reflected in all aspects
What We Offer.
About Kava Labs.
Kava Labs is a profitable start-up business with multi-year runway and a venture-backed company working on frontier innovations within payments and blockchain technologies. Based in San Francisco, CA and Shanghai, we are building the first open and decentralized payment system capable of connecting and sending value across blockchains and payment networks. It is the creator of the Kava DeFi Platform, a blockchain solution providing DeFi services such as stable coins, bonds, and lending to crypto users across many blockchain networks.
Kava Labs is backed by leading investors in the blockchain space including Ripple, Digital Asset Fund, Arrington Capital, LemnisCap, Coil Technologies, 2020 VC, Hard Yaka, UniValues Associates, and Robot Ventures.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Kava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
All applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.