Kava Labs is seeking a Vice President of Global Business Development for the Kava DeFi platform, a blockchain solution revolutionizing the world’s financial infrastructure by making financial services open and available globally to anyone anywhere. As VP of Global BD, you will spearhead the company’s business development efforts, striking new deals with enterprise clients and leading the account management efforts with Kava’s most important integrations and partners. You will be responsible for developing, overseeing, and evaluating business development strategies, communicating the plans to those involved, and building integrations and distribution of Kava’s products. You will own business development strategy, manage OKRs, evaluate effectiveness, and build a team as necessary to accomplish those goals.
This is a US based, full-time remote position. We are looking for your experience and perspective to contribute to our growing company and culture! We are a 100% distributed workforce with teams in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Europe.
What You Will Do.
- Oversee the end-to-end business development process between Kava and its new and existing partners.
- Be a trusted crypto spokesperson for the Kava platform, Kava Labs the company, its products and initiatives.
- Establish, prepare, and manage quarterly business goals, performance metrics and tracking processes for business development activities.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (marketing, product, engineering, and finance) to develop leads, presentations, and structure multimillion dollar business deals that drive overarching company goals - such as revenue, asset price, and product adoption.
- Own the exchange listings, partnerships, and integration strategy supporting all product launches.
- Manage external partnership deals from start to finish, including the on-going account management aspects to ensure the relationships are successful.
- Manage metrics and evaluate effectiveness of biz dev, account management, and sales efforts to support overall business growth objectives.
- Build, lead and mentor the Kava business development team from the ground up and forecast hiring needs.
Who You Are.
- 10+ years in strategic business development roles.
- High performing business development executive with a track record as a strong individual contributor as well as a team leader.
- Demonstrated repeated success initiating and closing multi-million dollar deals.
- A proven track record demonstrating adept negotiation skills.
- Strong experience taking technical products to market.
- A proven track record forming new partnerships with enterprise level customers.
- Possess a startup mindset:
- Self-starting, ambitious attitude.
- Excel in ambiguous situations and adapt to shifting landscapes.
- A penchant for strategy, but also the capability to handle details and willingness roll-up your sleeves.
- Fluent in crypto is a must and a deep rolodex/network of contacts in the FinTech and Crypto industries.
- Commitment to values of diversity, equity, and inclusion reflected in all aspects
What We Offer
About Kava Labs.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team that values first principle thinking, experimentation, and learning to ensure long-term success. We are not dogmatic in our approach, but we are relentless in our pursuit to create impactful technology for the future.
We have a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and culture but we’re all united in our passion about building new open financial infrastructure — together, so that our efforts will make a real impact and create lasting change in the world.
Kava Labs is backed by leading investors in the blockchain space including Ripple, Digital Asset Fund, Arrington Capital, LemnisCap, Coil Technologies, 2020 VC, Hard Yaka, UniValues Associates, and Robot Ventures.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Kava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
All applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.