Kava Labs is focused on democratizing financial services and making them openly accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world. We started out by building the Kava blockchain, a foundational platform designed to provide the most safe, secure, and reliable experience for accessing Decentralized Financial(DeFi) apps and services. Today that platform manages over $1B in assets on behalf of users and is growing rapidly. We are looking for your experience and perspective to contribute to our growing company and culture! We are a 100% distributed workforce with teams in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Europe.
We are seeking a Chief Finance Officer for the Kava lending platform, a blockchain solution enabling decentralized stable coins, bonds, and lending for crypto users. As our financial leader you will be a trusted advisor to Kava’s Leadership with strategy, research, analysis, and special strategic projects as they arise. You’ll have the opportunity to build and lead your own finance team.
What You Will Do.
- Provide strategic recommendations to Leadership on the corporation’s vision.
- Evaluate and manage financial risks and develop plans to minimize and contain risk exposures.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance on all financial functions and address legal requirements/issues that arise.
- Facilitate annual tax preparation, tax planning, and audit projects.
- Advise on financial planning and strategic decisions to consistently achieve revenue and EBITDA growth targets.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements with the CEO.
- Effectively communicate the company's strategy and financials to investors including investor presentations, models, and data.
- Oversee current investments.
- Lead fundraising activities, including IPO preparation and execution.
- Forecast and manage cryptocurrency revenue flows.
- Properly maintain all accounting systems and policies.
- Ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the company.
Who You Are.
- 8+ Years proven experience as CFO in International finance and accounting.
- 5+ Years experience in treasury or portfolio management.
- 5+ Years leading finance teams and managing performance.
- Experience with multinational business structures is required.
- Managed the financials and capital structures of a company in the fintech/crypto space involving many cross-currency transactions is highly preferred.
- Previous IPO preparation and execution experience highly preferred.
- Strong background in finance and strategy (Investment Banking, Consulting, Corporate Development, VC/PE or FP&A)
- Successfully advised and represented an international company with complex regulatory, financial and legal matters, and built valuation models.
- You have startup experience having raised funding from top angel investors or VCs is preferred.
What We Offer
About Kava Labs.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team that values first principle thinking, experimentation, and learning to ensure long-term success. We are not dogmatic in our approach, but we are relentless in our pursuit to create impactful technology for the future.
We have a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and culture but we’re all united in our passion about building new open financial infrastructure — together, so that our efforts will make a real impact and create lasting change in the world.
Kava Labs is backed by leading investors in the blockchain space including Ripple, Digital Asset Fund, Arrington Capital, LemnisCap, Coil Technologies, 2020 VC, Hard Yaka, UniValues Associates, and Robot Ventures.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Kava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
All applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.