Kava Labs is focused on democratizing financial services and making them openly accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world. We started out by building the Kava blockchain, a foundational platform designed to provide the most safe, secure, and reliable experience for accessing Decentralized Financial(DeFi) apps and services. Today that platform manages over $1B in assets on behalf of users and is growing rapidly.
Kava Labs is seeking a VP of Marketing for the Kava DeFi platform, a blockchain solution enabling decentralized stable coins, bonds, and lending for crypto users. As our Vice President, you will spearhead the company’s market efforts, building out your own team in the process. You will be responsible for developing, overseeing, and evaluating marketing strategies, communicating the marketing plans to those involved, and building awareness and positioning of our company brand to drive value of Kava’s products in the market. You will own marketing strategy, manage metrics, evaluate effectiveness of marketing efforts, and grow the marketing team. This is a full-time US based, remote position. We are looking for your experience and perspective to contribute to our growing company and culture! We are a 100% distributed workforce with teams in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Europe.
What You Will Do.
- Oversee end-to-end the development and implementation of a fully integrated marketing strategy
- Be the PR spokesperson and brand ambassador of the company, its products and initiatives, writer, and crypto thought leader
- Establish, prepare and manage annual marketing budgets, performance metrics and tracking processes, including expenditures, and return on investment
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (sales and product) to develop materials, and sales support, deliver new features and products to market, drive overarching company goals - such as target token price and revenue
- Own product marketing to plan, manage, and execute marketing support for product launches
- Develop and deploy a distinct and comprehensive social media strategy to increase website traffic to cross-promote social/digital content with exciting concepts to attract new users and partners
- Direct the content strategy for community marketing and developer marketing efforts to foster a sense of community and add value to user experience
- Manage metrics and evaluate effectiveness of marketing efforts to support overall business growth objectives
- Build, lead and mentor the Kava marketing team from the ground up and forecast hiring needs
Who You Are.
- 7+ years building and leading a marketing team for a startup/tech company with proven results as VP of Marketing
- Strong experience in establishing positioning, brand, and narrative in the cryptocurrency space
- Deep understanding of market and community dynamics in cryptocurrency with a track record of building a strong presence via social media channels like Twitter, Discord, and Telegram
- Expertise in brand strategy, creative and PR/media communications for a company with a public asset
- Have a high-level understanding of a 24/7 market, trends, competitive landscape, customer use-cases, and products
- Strong experience in marketing technical products and creating go-to-market strategies
- Flexible mindset and have a self-starting, ambitious attitude with the ability to excel in ambiguous situations and adapt to shifting landscapes
- A leader with a proven track record of building and leading global teams who can inspire a new team towards achieving goals
- Experience working with stakeholders and cross functional teams
- Bachelor in Marketing/Communications (preferred)
- Multicultural marketing/communications experience a plus
- Commitment to values of diversity, equity, and inclusion reflected in all aspects
- A penchant for strategy, but capability to handle details and roll-up your sleeves
What We Offer.
About Kava Labs.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team that values first principle thinking, experimentation, and learning to ensure long-term success. We are not dogmatic in our approach, but we are relentless in our pursuit to create impactful technology for the future.
We have a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and culture but we’re all united in our passion about building new open financial infrastructure — together, so that our efforts will make a real impact and create lasting change in the world. We are looking for your experience and perspective to contribute to our growing company and culture! We are a 100% distributed workforce with teams in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Europe.
Kava Labs is backed by leading investors in the blockchain space including Ripple, Digital Asset Fund, Arrington Capital, LemnisCap, Coil Technologies, 2020 VC, Hard Yaka, UniValues Associates, and Robot Ventures.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Kava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
All applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.