Kava Labs is seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer for the Kava lending platform, Kava's blockchain solution enabling decentralized stable coins, bonds, and lending for crypto users.
You will be directly developing and deploying on a platform working to have $100M+ assets under management by the software. You will work alongside a team of world class crypto experts, and take ownership of frontend projects on a platform that transfers millions of dollars in assets daily and provide the financial primitives for the next evolution in crypto. You will have a huge impact on product and technology development. We are looking for your experience and perspective to contribute to our growing company culture! We are a 100% distributed workforce with teams in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Europe.
What You Will Do.
- UX/UI iterations on Kava web apps which enables users to interact with the Kava lending platform by connecting to their Ledger and mobile wallets
- Work with Kava Labs product team to optimize user flow
- Review pull requests and provide valuable feedback to members of the team and open source contributors
- Improvements on APIs for downstream enterprise partners (Exchanges, wallet provides) who consume Kava endpoints
- Work with Kava blockchain engineers to optimize performance, discover and squash bugs
- Review current architecture, research, implement, and help drive innovative frontend solutions
- Explore new technologies and share your findings with the engineering team
- An instinctive drive to write and ship high quality code, maintain standards and lead code reviews
- Lead and mentor engineers to grow their skills and prepare them for increased responsibilities as we continue to grow our team
- Our engineering team communicates mostly via Slack, and are committed to a remote, agile development process
- Report to Head of Engineering and attend daily stand-up meetings
Who You Are.
- Minimum 5 years experience in frontend development building responsive, performant, and user-friendly frontend applications
- You are a strong individual contributor in React with solid Redux middleware experience (e.g. Redux-Saga, Thunk)
- You have architected a few responsive, frontend web applications in your lifetime
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields preferred
- In depth knowledge and experience with CSS preferred
- A team-oriented mindset and enjoy working in a diverse environment with a distributed team
- You are meticulous and detail oriented. This is financial software, it’s of utmost importance that it is secure.
- You have an interest in blockchains and decentralized technologies. A willingness to learn is a must.
What We Offer
About Kava Labs.
Kava Labs is a profitable start-up business with multi-year runway and a venture-backed company working on frontier innovations within payments and blockchain technologies. Based in San Francisco, CA and Shanghai, we are building the first open and decentralized payment system capable of connecting and sending value across blockchains and payment networks. It is the creator of the Kava DeFi Platform, a blockchain solution providing DeFi services such as stable coins, bonds, and lending to crypto users across many blockchain networks.
Kava Labs is backed by leading investors in the blockchain space including Ripple, Digital Asset Fund, Arrington Capital, LemnisCap, Coil Technologies, 2020 VC, Hard Yaka, UniValues Associates, and Robot Ventures.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Kava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
All applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.