Who We Are
Kate McLeod creates effective, good-for-you products that help customers find moments of intentioned self care in their lives. Our hero product is the Body Stone, an innovative solid moisturizer that melts into the skin on contact. It's designed to be used daily and turns something quotidian into an intentioned moment of self care — a source of everyday magic.
You will join a small but mighty team crafting our clean skincare products on site at our Hudson Valley workshop in Red Hook, NY. You will be responsible for packaging our product for distribution to customers, fulfillment center, and wholesale orders. This is a physical role. Part-time preferred but full-time available for the right candidate.
Who You Are
You have a passion for working with your hands. You are a productive, adaptable worker - ready to take on any task, big or small. You enjoy working independently as an individual contributor while also being part of a team. You seek to bring positive energy to work each day. You desire to work for a locally-based startup creating innovative, good-for-you products that are sustainably designed.
- Hand-wrap and package all products for distribution
- Setup packaging line with all required materials to ensure daily packaging targets are met
- Accurately monitor and document daily output for all packaging activities, including any QA rejects through paper logs or directly in the computer system, if applicable
- Ensure accurate and timely receipt of all inbound shipments and flag any discrepancies to management
- Maintain accurate inventory counts for all packaging and WIP materials and participate in monthly cycle count process as needed
- Box, palletize, and label outbound shipments according to Kate McLeod specifications
- Pick, pack, and prep wholesale shipments according to retailer specifications
- Adhere to all health and safety guidelines and utilize required safety gear when performing specific tasks
- Ensure both packaging workspace and inventory storage areas are clean and orderly
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing or fulfillment environment highly preferred
- Ability to maneuver pallets, operate forklift and other equipment as needed
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment, while demonstrating strong attention to detail
- Highly collaborative with a willingness to tackle any task large or small
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift 35 pounds repeatedly and frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 8 hours during shifts
- Flexibility to meet shift changes as required
- Passion for our mission
Why You’ll Love This Job
- Entry rate - $17/hour
- Health, dental, vision benefits
- Paid Bank Holidays
- Predictable working schedule, with daytime hours and limited to no weekends
- Anniversary bonus
- Exclusive Employee Discounts
Kate McLeod is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome our employees’ differences in race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, among other characteristics.