Katana Graph is a enterprise graph computing system and storage engine. Our technology is the world’s fastest graph processing engine, providing compelling scalability and programmability advantages.
Building on decades of experience in developing state-of-the-art distributed systems, Katana Graph is bringing together experts in hardware acceleration, cloud computing, storage systems, and high-performance computing to help create the platform of the future for data processing and analysis in this new world of specialized hardware and revitalized algorithms.
Katana Graph is backed by Walden International, a VC-firm with rich experience supporting and building hi-tech companies.
At Katana Graph, we’re building a graph computing system and storage engine that accelerates graph database, analytics, mining, and AI workloads and interoperates with industry-standard storage systems. Our technology sets a new bar as the world’s fastest graph processing engine while providing compelling scalability and programmability advantages and low-latency data ingest and ingress.
We are looking for a seasoned Director of Product Management who will be core to our mission of owning and creating products and product roadmap based on Katana Graph Engine. As our Director of Product Management, you will oversee the transformation of the Katana Graph product to market. You will drive the capabilities and user experience for data scientists using Katana Graph for Graph AI, Graph Analytics, Graph Mining. In this role, you will champion our users' needs for Data Engineering, Analytics, Data Science, and Machine Learning. This role requires coordinating all product activities from vision to implementation, including engaging customers to understand their needs, developing long-term product strategy, defining product roadmaps, working with engineering to build these products, and coordinating with various internal stakeholders (both pre-and post-launch) to ensure product success.
Bring your expertise as a Product Leader and broadly apply product thinking to data across our analytics platform. You will collaborate across multiple functions, including engineering, design, and marketing, to define the vision and strategy for data as a product - defining, building, and delivering data capabilities while driving user onboarding and adoption. You will also be instrumental in informing analytics platform strategy and the development of internal tooling to make it easy to bring new data products to life, accelerating value from data across multiple scenarios.
- You are an experienced Product professional with a passion for Data and Product Management.
- You have had an active role in crafting a vision and strategy enabling the delivery of impactful data products and machine learning capabilities for internal and/or external customers.
- You are an evangelist for the importance and power of data to drive business impact and leverage.
- You possess a deep understanding of the data technologies landscape and stay up to date on industry knowledge and trends.
- Communication is your superpower! You can explain sophisticated concepts to a non-technical audience and translate the problems of non-technical partners into technical solutions that are feasible, usable, and valuable.
- You have a deep appreciation for your customers and partners and can get people to a place of understanding, even if they don’t necessarily agree.
- You have experience with database and/or database platforms for various OLAP and OLTP tasks.
- A plus: you have worked as an engineer in big data, machine learning, or data science.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field (MS Preferred)
- 5+ yrs of product management experience
- MBA is preferred but not mandatory.
- Strong track record of delivering successful products with cross-functional teams in the software industry
- Strong experience in Database and Machine Learning
- Must have delivered products with a strong UI component and UX/DX.
- Excellent communication skills to clearly and concisely communicate complex topics to diverse stakeholders (engineers, customers, etc.) in written and verbal form.
- Experience working closely with enterprise customers and channel partners in the software industry.
- Good knowledge of databases, SQL, big data and query performance (knowledge of Graph DB is a plus)
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and Deep Learning frameworks and processes is highly desirable.
- Understanding of storage and compute on cloud vendors (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Expertise in leading UI-centered products especially related to analytics
- Data analysis skills (SQL, rollups, building operational dashboards)