Welcome to Kasian, where over 37 years of design excellence have sparked a passion for transforming ordinary spaces into extraordinary experiences. Our passion is strengthening connections between people and place by creating built environments that inspire and improve lives. With offices across Canada, we leverage the experience of our 220+ Kasian team members to deliver innovative and unique design solutions in multiple market sectors: commercial, mixed-use, retail, industrial, hospitality, public buildings, and healthcare.
We are currently seeking a motivated and passionate Senior Project Architect to complement our projects in Vancouver. Candidate to have preferably 10 years experience in the residential sector and strong experience with Revit.
Our Architects are involved in all design and technical aspects of projects from the schematic design phase through to contract administration and typically oversee the whole process with guidance from a Principal. You will have a leadership role in coordinating the project team, consultants, and the client as well as liaising with authorities having jurisdiction to meet project objectives.
Here's what you’ll be doing at Kasian:
• Work with talented architects, interior designers, and technologists to produce quality projects for high-rise projects
• Develop project criteria, the scope of services, detailed work plans, drawing lists, schedules, and resource (staff, technical, budget) requirements over the project lifecycle
• Push the boundaries of design while meeting the needs of clients and end-users; participate in stakeholder meetings, create design concepts and presentation material
• Lead, motivate and manage the project team to produce successful design and construction documentation
• Coordinate with project consultants (ie. electrical, mechanical, structural)
• Resolve complex design and technical issues
• Manage client relationships and actively develop these throughout the project process
• Ensure projects are delivered effectively through efficient resource management and achieving scheduled milestones
• Undertake site reviews and construction administration
Here’s what you bring to Kasian:
• A recognized degree in architecture coupled with a minimum of 10 years of experience in large scale residential sector
• AIBC registration preferably
• Strong technical knowledge and technical drawing experience in Revit
• Experience leading projects of at least $25m construction value with minimal supervision
• Experience in high-rise residential, commercial, and mixed-use buildings
• An innovative and forward-thinking approach to design and a natural curiosity for staying current on new trends, materials, and construction methods
• Excellent graphic and verbal communication and presentation skills
• An ability to add value to all stages of project delivery
This opportunity is an exceptional career fit for a candidate with long-term ambitions to contribute to one of Canada’s top architectural practices. If you are looking to be part of a progressive environment and deliver innovative projects, we’d like to hear from you. If this describes you, please submit your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org