Welcome to Kasian, where over 37 years of design excellence has sparked a passion in transforming ordinary spaces into extraordinary experiences. Our passion is strengthening connections between people and place by creating built environments that inspire and improve lives. With offices across Canada, we leverage the experience of our 220+ Kasian team members to deliver innovative and unique design solutions in multiple market sectors: commercial, workplace, healthcare, senior living, industrial and public.
We are currently seeking a motivated and passionate Architect to complement our Vancouver office, where we are involved in exciting work across a range of building types including: commercial, mixed-use, retail, industrial, hospitality, public buildings, and healthcare.
Our Architects are involved in all design and technical aspects of projects from the schematic design phase through to contract administration and typically oversee the whole process with guidance from a Principal. We are looking for individuals whom have a passion in delivering Mixed-Use high-rise Developments with dynamic clients. You will have a leadership role in coordinating the project team, consultants, and the client as well as liaising with authorities having jurisdiction to meet project objectives.
Here's what you’ll be doing at Kasian:
- Work with talented architects and technologists to produce quality projects for private sector clients
- Develop project criteria, scope of services, detailed work plans, drawing lists, schedules, and resource (staff, technical, budget) requirements over the project lifecycle
- Push the boundaries of design while meeting the needs of clients and end-users; participate in stakeholder meetings, create design concepts and presentation material
- Lead, motivate, and manage project team to produce successful design and construction documentation
- Coordinate with project consultants (ie. electrical, mechanical, structural)
- Resolve complex design and technical issues
- Manage client relationships and actively develop these throughout the project process
- Ensure projects are delivered effectively through efficient resource management and achieving scheduled milestones
- Undertake site reviews and construction administration
Here’s what you bring to Kasian:
- A recognized degree in architecture coupled with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- AIBC registration preferably
- Experience leading projects of at least $25m (construction value) with minimal supervision
- Experience in high-rise residential, commercial, and mixed-use
- An innovative and forward-thinking approach to design and a natural curiosity for staying current of new trends, materials, and construction methods
- Strong technical knowledge and technical drawing experience in Revit
- Excellent graphic communication and presentation skills
- An ability to add value to all stages of project delivery
This opportunity is an exceptional career fit for a candidate with long-term ambitions to contribute to one of Canada’s top architectural practices. If you are looking to be part of a progressive environment and deliver innovative projects, we’d like to hear from you.
If you require accommodation to make any part of the employment application process accessible, please contact us at email@example.com. Accommodation is considered on a case-by-case basis. Only requests for accommodation will receive a response from this email address, and not inquiries about the status of applications.