Welcome to Kasian, where over 37 years of design excellence has sparked a passion in transforming ordinary spaces into extraordinary experiences. Our passion is strengthening connections between people and place by creating built environments that inspire and improve lives. With offices across Canada, we leverage the experience of our 220+ Kasian team members to deliver innovative and unique design solutions in multiple market sectors: commercial, workplace, healthcare, senior living, industrial and public.
We are currently seeking a Senior Construction Administrator to join our Vancouver office. You will manage all aspects of the construction administration process for large scale and complex projects. You will be responsible for ensuring that the design intent is maintained through construction completion. While working as part of a collaborative team, you will manage the construction phase of projects for Kasian which includes overseeing contracts, reviewing construction documents, and site reviews.
Here's what you’ll be doing at Kasian:
- Assist Project Manager in planning the profitable execution of the Construction Administration stage of large and complex projects
- Review contract documents at 75% and 95% stage (prior to tendering) and ensure overall document coordination
- Provide feedback on buildability and code issues to documentation team
- Protect the project design intent through contract documents
- Provide input as requested by Kasian’s Project Manager and/or production department on budgets, schedules, etc.
- Participate in pre-bid conference with Project Manager and client
- Prepare detailed construction contracts
- Review general contract conditions and confirm interpretation with client and contractor
- Establish job protocol and lines of communication between owner, architect, engineers, contractor, subcontractors (if applicable), and vendors
- Maintain the quality of the design through the construction phase
- Manage and administer contracts
- Ensure the interests of Kasian are promoted and protected at all times
- Coordinate all architectural functions from tender to close-out of project
- Coordinate all consultants from tender to close-out of project
- Attend and represent Kasian at all contractor/client/job site meetings during CA phase of project
- Develop and recommend solutions to contractual issues and act as the arbitrator of the contract
- Interpret documents and communicate interpretation to other parties via shop drawing reviews, RFI’s, etc.
- Prepare and issue construction drawings/sketches in consultation with design team
- Circulate documents, drawings, and samples for all necessary approvals to consultants/clients
- Maintain control log of all shop drawings, and consultant and architectural drawings
- Ensure review of submitted shop drawings, product data, and samples is completed by each responsible discipline
- Coordinate with Project Manager on significant items such as changes to design and cost
- Prepare, analyze, approve, and process all requisitions/change orders after consultation with owner and contractor
- Review and coordinate progress claims and prepare appropriate certificates of payment
- Perform project close-out processes and activities as defined in the project specifications including deficiency reviews, substantial performance review, total performance review, receipt of manuals and warranties, preparation and coordination of letters of assurance, final occupancy inspection, permits, etc.
- Ensure professional responsibilities and obligations are met including compliance with codes and bylaw
- Assist in mentoring junior Contract Administrators
- Monitor project performance at Construction Administration stage of strategic projects, and to resolve issues
- Advise Project Manager immediately of any project contract administration issues and work to resolve any problems
- Review workmanship standards for compliance with documentation and codes on an on-going basis
Here’s a little bit about you:
- Degree in Architecture or Diploma in Architectural Technology Diploma coupled with building technology experience and related 8+ years of Contract Administration experience desirable, but not essential
- CCCA certification is considered an asset
- Familiar with all CCDC standard contracts
- Proficient in bidding procedures, project field reporting, field reviews, payment certification, site document processing (CCN/ RFI/ SI) and contract change procedures
- Knowledge of procurement regulations, policies and practices
- Strong building science background with an excellent understanding of construction process, methods, and materials
- Solid understanding of applicable local building codes, bylaws and local governance in authorities having jurisdiction
- Ability to represent Kasian professionally at senior levels
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills including the ability to mentor
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proactive, confident approach to contract administration
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of maintaining high quality standards while working within tight deadlines
Due to COVID 19, we have implemented a work from home model. We expect to return to the office once the COVID 19 restrictions are lifted.
If you require accommodation to make any part of the employment application process accessible, please contact Steffi Allocod at firstname.lastname@example.org. Accommodation is considered on a case-by-case basis. Only requests for accommodation will receive a response from this email address, and not inquiries about the status of applications.