We have an opportunity in our Toronto office for an Interior Designer, Intermediate to join our team. We are looking for a talented and creative individual to support our exciting portfolio of stand-alone and integrated projects. At the intermediate level, our Interior Designers are involved in coming up with design concepts, space planning, presentations, producing drawings, researching materials, client interaction, and project management.
Our Toronto interiors team has worked with many public and private sector clients including Interac, SAP, Wasserman, Metrolinx, Morrison Hershfield, and Boston Scientific.
What you’ll be doing at Kasian:
- Work directly with Principals and Associates to take on a key role in the design process including creating design concepts and presentation material
- Participate in client presentations and actively build relationships with clients through the project process
- Keep current of innovative and forward-thinking design including research on products and materials
- Prepare layouts, sketches and space plans required to convey design intent
- Produce design and contract documentation in alignment with Kasian’s standards of quality, client program and budget needs
- Coordinate with project consultants (ie. electrical, mechanical, structural), contractors and vendors
- Interpret and conform to building codes and bylaws
- Prepare outline specifications and assist in detailed specification development
- Create work plans, drawing lists, scope of services, budgets, and staffing requirements; on a larger-scale project this may be done in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Assist with contract administration including shop drawing reviews
What you bring to Kasian:
- CIDA-accredited Degree in Interior Design
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a variety of market sectors, with a focus on workplace
- NCIDQ certification, or working towards obtaining it
- Strong technical knowledge and technical drawing experience with Revit and AutoCAD
- Excellent graphic communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of furniture systems
- Understanding of construction and construction administration process
Due to COVID 19, we have implemented a work from home model. We expect to return to the office once the COVID 19 restrictions are lifted.
If you require accommodation to make any part of the employment application process accessible, please contact PeopleCulture@Kasian.com. Accommodation is considered on a case-by-case basis. Only requests for accommodation will receive a response from this email address, and not inquiries about the status of applications.