Welcome to Kasian, where over 37 years of design excellence has sparked a passion in transforming ordinary spaces into extraordinary experiences. Our passion is strengthening connections between people and place by creating built environments that inspire and improve lives. We leverage the experience of our 220+ Kasian team members to deliver innovative and unique design solutions in multiple market sectors: commercial, mixed-use, retail, industrial, hospitality, public buildings, and healthcare.
We are currently seeking a motivated and passionate Intern Architect to complement our team in Calgary, AB, where we are involved in exciting work across a range of building types including commercial, mixed-use, residential, retail, industrial, hospitality, public buildings, and healthcare. Our Architects are involved in all design and technical aspects of projects from the schematic design phase through to contract administration and typically oversee the whole process with guidance from a Principal. You will have a leadership role in coordinating the project team, consultants, and the client as well as liaising with authorities having jurisdiction to meet project objectives.
Here's what you’ll be doing at Kasian:
- Support architectural and integrated projects through developing design concepts, presentation material, and contract documentation
- Create a variety of material including sketches, renderings, models, presentation boards, material boards, graphics, details, sections, elevations, and schedules
- Assist in preparation of development permit and rezoning submission packages
- Assist in preliminary code and by-law analysis
- Participate in client presentations
- Coordinate consultant activity
Here’s what you bring to Kasian:
- Registration with the AAA as an Intern Architect, or eligibility for registration
- A minimum of three years of experience in an architectural office
- Exceptional creativity, ability to think through design issues critically, knack for visual communication
- Well-rounded architecture experience in terms of exposure to a variety of building types and project stages
- Passion for design excellence
- A high level of skill in current versions of Revit considered a definite asset
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
This opportunity is ideal for a collaborative and self-motivated individual capable of assuming increasing responsibility for both current and future projects and who is interested in growing with the Firm.