This role is fully remote, we set a location because some job boards require it.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Guest Experience team and primarily provide phone, email, and chat support to our guests. As a Guest Experience Specialist, you will build a personal connection with our guests by communicating directly with them every day and having a high level of responsibility. Even though this is a remote role, we want to build a Hospitality Team that is communicative and inclusive; empowering our team to help every guest feel at home. Every day you'll strive to: create a fantastic and memorable experience for all Kasa guests.
In this role, you will report to a Guest Experience Manager and work closely with other GX Specialists, the Director of Guest Experience, and teammates from other departments. It takes a special person to help travelers feel at home on the road.
About the Team
This role is in our Guest Experience department. We have team members located all over the US and world. Our team is full of people with diverse backgrounds and we work hard to maintain a positive environment within the department. Everyone joined Kasa because they are passionate about travel and hospitality and they stay because of our great culture.
Day in the life of a Kasa GXS
Like any Guest Experience Specialist, there is no ‘typical day’. You will work 8-hour ‘virtual office’ shifts, primarily focused on answering phone calls from our guests and operating teams. While the majority of your time will be spent answering and making calls, you'll also spend time with guests via other communication channels like text, email, and web-based platforms. Your goal is to quickly take initiative to answer and handle guest issues as they arise.
As a GX Specialist, you will guide guests through the reservation process and become an expert on all things Kasa to help answer unit-specific questions. You will also coordinate and schedule housekeeping as we grow the business and add new units. Your success is measured along with the team's; everyone helps keep missed calls below 4% each day and maintain a median first response time of fewer than 30 minutes for email, 4 minutes for SMS, and 3 minutes for chat while assisting as many guests as possible. We don't measure your handle time for phone calls, because we believe you should spend the time necessary to help guests feel completely satisfied with Kasa's service. Your CSAT and First Contact Resolution are measured to stay above 90% for each guest interaction to reach our quality targets and provide exceptional experiences for our guests. All team metrics are posted multiple times a day company-wide to hold us accountable and motivate us to help our guests. Your metrics as a part of the team will be reviewed once a month with your direct manager. We win as a team when we collaborate and hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of service!
- You have 2+ years of service industry experience
- You must be available to work evenings and weekends
- You pride yourself on your oral and written communication as well as your organizational skills
- You’re reliable, consistently on time, and follow through on what you promise
- You're proactive by nature and can act decisively when needed, especially in a pinch
- You enjoy receiving positive and constructive feedback and finding ways you can personally & professionally make measurable improvements
- You have a proven track record of reaching department-level goals. In this case, you are held accountable for reaching established efficiency, productivity, and quality metric goals, including reaching our team + individual response volume and response rate metrics, as well as our first contact resolution and CSAT goals
- You're lighthearted and can handle guest issues with a calm and positive demeanor
- You're compassionate and love working with our guests, no matter who they are
- You have lots of hands-on experience using technology and you're eager to learn new systems and platforms
- You’re a team player who is committed to uplifting your coworkers and the company when you can
- You're flexible in your schedule and can help fill gaps on a team calendar when there are one-off or last minute changes.
- You've worked in the hospitality industry at some point in your career
- You have worked in a call center and/or an organization where phone calls were an essential part of the customer service experience
- You have experience in a small company or start-up environment
In one year, you will succeed at Kasa by:
- Having been the friendly and proactive point of connection that works hard to create a positive, lasting impression of Kasa so guests come back to stay with us again and again.
- Being accountable for efficiently and quickly handling guest inquiries, resolving in-the-moment issues to completion, and coordinated with operations to ensure our apartments are always ready for guests.
- Reach top 25% quadrant of GXS individual metrics with impeccable quality metrics (CSAT and first contact resolution), fast responses to guests (median first response time under 4 minutes for sms and 3 minutes for chat) and able to help as many guests as possible by reaching our productivity goals (total interactions including messages sent, calls made and calls received over 10 per hour worked).
- You took initiative to find ways to improve our guests’ satisfaction.
- 🌏 Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- ✈ Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- 💲 Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
- 👩⚕Health Coverage: We've invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most
Who We Are
Kasa is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is well priced, trustworthy, and that offers a large selection of great locations. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments, and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote guest experience team is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is always felt, though rarely seen.
Behind the scenes, we build technology that combines with our innovative operations to grow a globally scalable offering that delivers high-quality stays. Our products and systems unlock unparalleled flexibility to operate anywhere from a few Kasa to a few hundred Kasas in any type of building, in just about any location. We currently have Kasas in over 17 states and are expanding into new markets all the time.
All of this is made possible by our team members, each of whom plays a critical role in fulfilling our vision and mission. We strive to foster a culture that values feedback, support, and collaboration throughout the organization. As a remote-first company, we work hard to bridge the gap of distance through initiatives that foster connection across Kasa. A few examples include lively All-Hands meetings, department get-togethers (online and in-person), and teamwide celebrations of important milestones. We offer benefits that encourage team members to stay at Kasa properties to experience our product firsthand and meet local team members when nearby. Guests are crucial to Kasa’s mission. Accordingly, every new Kasa team member gets trained in our Guest Experience Akademy during their onboarding.
Our team is fortunate to have diverse backgrounds, personalities, and experiences united by a commitment to excellence and passion for our industry. If Kasa’s vision and culture speak to you, and you’re up for the challenge of building a company on the cutting edge of real estate, we would love to have you on our team!
Kasa Living is an E-Verify participant. We will verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by matching information employees provide on the form i-9 against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). You may find more information and .